Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started to drive away and suddenly a loud and very attention grabbing alarm noise started. Never heard it before.
Turns out a back door wasn't completely closed. Easy to fix. The dash display did identify it, but when driving it was very startling.
I'd recommend doing that on purpose to hear what it sounds like. So when it happens, you will know what that sound means.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,074 Posts
I jumped a mile the first time the reverse collision avoidance system kicked in at a time when I can't figure out why it would ... parking lot that backs into a street - but it jammed the brakes and wouldn't let me back out of the parking spot even with more than a car length before the street. We'll see what it does when I go back there at lunch today. May have to find a different side to park on if it's going to happen every time there.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The alarm volume and automatic braking are user configurable. I turned the volume up loud and turned the braking off.

It's all in the manual. 🤓

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,074 Posts
You can turn the reverse sensing stuff off ... but I didn't spot something to give alert only vs. pin the brakes hard while sounding the klaxons. I thought they intent of it was to avoid things close by when reversing, but the sensors seem to detect problems much further back than I would think reasonable.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The Freaky horn is loud on this thing...My daughter was walking in front of it as I locked the doors and alarmed it... She almost fainted lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts