Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have heard that it's possible that Hyundai is focusing on SE and SEL all wheel drive models for first shipment. If this is true I'm disappointed, but it could be a play to try to beat Ford to Market by a week or two to grab a few early. They don't really have to worry about beating Ford to Market on the upper trims where they had the advantage other than pricing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are probably right. I was wrong, the headlines just states scheduling for the Maverick to commence but the production dates are a month away. Hyundai was first to state they were going ahead to build a compact PU, first to reveal one and first to start production so they should be first to dealerships and on the road. I'm not in a rush but the fall would be ideal.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (eventually)
324 Posts
I'm in a rush ... this month would be ideal! LOL Too bad they won't sell a pre-production demo model. I'd take one!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I was hoping what some of the dealers in Canada said about late August deliveries was on the money. My best move, really, is to wait it out ... I'm just trying to figure out the best way to do that. I'm even considering a full AC system replacement on my 24 year old C1500. The motor is strong and the transmission has about 5k on it since I had it rebuilt a few years ago! The body's just kinda shot and gas mileage from the 5.0 isn't exactly stellar compared to smaller trucks (like the SC/Mav) or an SUV.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yeah, I know. I'm still going to do some cost-benefit analysis though. It's a thing I do on any major purchase.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Currently the only reason I'm really considering still spending the money on the Santa Cruz, is the warranty. When I divide out the depreciation of five years across the larger number of miles, it becomes fairly similar to what I pay now in my much less expensive car. Even with an extended warranty I would not hit 100,000 miles under warranty, unlike the SC.

Or you can calculate it such that it's going to be another few Grande on top of the cost of the Maverick, so if I load out of Maverick and Adam extended warranty is going to come pretty close to the price of the Santa Cruz Limited, with less features. That's not counting the inclusion of the roadside assistance and the maintenance, which does help a little bit more.

I just hate I'm basically robbing my stock accounts of $300 a month once I trade in my Chevy Cruze🤣. Going from a Cruze to a Cruz. Lol.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Currently the only reason I'm really considering still spending the money on the Santa Cruz, is the warranty. When I divide out the depreciation of five years across the larger number of miles, it becomes fairly similar to what I pay now in my much less expensive car. Even with an extended warranty I would not hit 100,000 miles under warranty, unlike the SC.

Or you can calculate it such that it's going to be another few Grande on top of the cost of the Maverick, so if I load out of Maverick and Adam extended warranty is going to come pretty close to the price of the Santa Cruz Limited, with less features. That's not counting the inclusion of the roadside assistance and the maintenance, which does help a little bit more.

I just hate I'm basically robbing my stock accounts of $300 a month once I trade in my Chevy Cruze🤣. Going from a Cruze to a Cruz. Lol.
Cruze to a Cruz....Thats a major upgrade :) lol

·
Registered
173 Posts
Why can't someone that works there start posting ? That would be nice to have an insider

·
Registered
173 Posts
They probably enjoy being employed ... and not being blackballed from ever working in the industry again. I don't expect that leakers would be treated too kindly or welcomed by other manufacturers.
Yea, I your right!...Just a pipe dream lol

·
Registered
173 Posts
Cruze to a Cruz....Thats a major upgrade :) lol
That's what happens when I finally graduated college and am not living on 3 months of internship income throughout the year, lol. Jump from Ramen and base cars to something nicer.

I'm not sold on it yet, because I like saving money and currently newly owning a home has some upfront expenses that already make that hard enough, lol.

I was hardcore for a Limited, but now that I think I can get the black chrome parts from Hyundai and my local dealer does Leather for 1.5k, I'm considering sticking to the SEL Premium. Fewer nannies and no loss of wireless AA. We will see what my dealer gives me for a LS Chevy Cruze, lol.

·
Registered
127 Posts
That's what happens when I finally graduated college and am not living on 3 months of internship income throughout the year, lol. Jump from Ramen and base cars to something nicer.

I'm not sold on it yet, because I like saving money and currently newly owning a home has some upfront expenses that already make that hard enough, lol.

I was hardcore for a Limited, but now that I think I can get the black chrome parts from Hyundai and my local dealer does Leather for 1.5k, I'm considering sticking to the SEL Premium. Fewer nannies and no loss of wireless AA. We will see what my dealer gives me for a LS Chevy Cruze, lol.
Try Carvana before you trade-in, just sold an Infiniti to them, got a real good price, they picked it up and direct deposited to my bank before days end. A painless, feel good transaction. Costs nothing to go online and get a quote. If the Santa Cruz is a hot seller they're not going give much for the Cruze.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Try Carvana before you trade-in, just sold an Infiniti to them, got a real good price, they picked it up and direct deposited to my bank before days end. A painless, feel good transaction. Costs nothing to go online and get a quote. If the Santa Cruz is a hot seller they're not going give much for the Cruze.
Does carvana pay better than KBB insta price?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Does carvana pay better than KBB insta price?
Only compared them to Vroom, also wanted the convenience of having the car picked up, they don't all do that. They beat Vroom by a wide margin, but their quotes change; if I accepted their original quote, which had an one week expiration date, it was $500 higher, that being said I'm totally satisfied with the transaction. I read stories of people with SUV's and pickups getting more than they paid for the vehicles, unfortunately, like the Cruze, my Infiniti was a sedan (mint and optioned out), still have no complaints. I'm down to 4 cars, yes, I don't need a Santa Cruz, lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts