Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, thought I'd do the nice thing and treat my wife to a McGriddle for breakfast today ... it's our little weekend treat. Just pulling up to the window to pay and I feel something. I hear something. I briefly tell myself ... "That did not just f**king happen. Tell me that did not just f**cking happen."

Grogu got a love tap in the drive-thru.

The good news is ... no damage. I couldn't find a mark or anything. I mean it was at MAYBE 1 km/h. sigh Guy's foot slipped off the brake, it was just a crawl from stopped. Honestly, it was light enough that my mind wasn't 100% sure it actually happened or not. Still, makes me glad it's a truck with a steel bumper.

Hopefully that's the worst it ever sees. No harm, no foul.

I'm mostly impressed at how NOT freaked out I was. Probably would be singing a different tune if there was damage. A very different tune. LOL Much louder, more animated, maybe a little zombie apocalypse and dude was the walking dead kinda different. :D

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure, I didn't care what it did to his F-150. LOL I was more worried about The Child. An eventful start to the day it gets new shoes and goes on a road trip. Going to go visit my brother for the first time in a year. Just a little overnight run. Hoping the Hyundai dealer there still has the Mojave Sand Ultimate on the lot so I can snap a pic of the two together. It's their demo, so it should be there, unless staff are taking it home with them on weekends.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Not sure, I didn't care what it did to his F-150. LOL I was more worried about The Child. An eventful start to the day it gets new shoes and goes on a road trip. Going to go visit my brother for the first time in a year. Just a little overnight run. Hoping the Hyundai dealer there still has the Mojave Sand Ultimate on the lot so I can snap a pic of the two together. It's their demo, so it should be there, unless staff are taking it home with them on weekends.
Thank goodness it was only a love tap… I’m getting. More paranoid these days after watching so much dashcam and Tesla cam videos on YouTube… 😳

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No doubt! But, as I told my wife over breakfast yesterday, we've been lightly (as in no damage) rear ended once in every new vehicle we've owned now, and never anything worse. I'm considering myself out of the woods now. LOL Other vehicles were both at stop lights though. First time in a drive thru.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
224 Posts
<sigh> I really wanted a Mojave Sand, but settled for a Hampton. And every time I look at the truck it looks greenish to me (and I don't care for green cars). Maybe it's the blue of the sky reflecting off of it or something, but does anyone else see green when looking at Hampton Gray?

·
Registered
351 Posts
<sigh> I really wanted a Mojave Sand, but settled for a Hampton. And every time I look at the truck it looks greenish to me (and I don't care for green cars). Maybe it's the blue of the sky reflecting off of it or something, but does anyone else see green when looking at Hampton Gray?
My Hampton seems to be a different color depending on the time of day. Morning = gray. Afternoon = greenish. Evening/dusk = blueish.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I finally got to see a Mojave Sand in the flesh today, although through glass. It's actually MUCH nicer in person than any of the phots of it I've seen. This is 781 (my Sage) paying 701 (demo Sand) a visit this afternoon. Both Ultimate (aka Limited) trims.

Went for a little road trip to Thunder Bay to visit my brother before he eventually gets shipped out for a heart valve replacement. Couldn't help take a look, knowing it's probably the only Santa Cruz in the sand paint that I will ever see anywhere.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts