Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE NA-FWD
917 Posts
I washed mine yesterday and put on Ceramic wax.... I need to check for this problem..

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Uh oh, here in the SC vs Mav comparo video I just watched they were mocking that the Mav was "Built Ford Rough" for already having moisture in the lighting, but it looks like some SCs may suffer the same at least in the tail lights if not the DRLs.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
It used to be standard practice to put a tiny "weep hole" at the bottom of all light housings. So, I guess this must one more brilliant cost-saving omission.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Where you are seeing isn't water in the light housings themselves. The water is in the grill. The grill has lenses in front of the actual lights. The water is in between the lens in the grill and the actual light lens.
Even so water sloshing around on the inside of the grill lens will eventually cause dirt and discoloration to happen, so in my opinion it's a problem because how do you clean it without pulling the grill?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Even so water sloshing around on the inside of the grill lens will eventually cause dirt and discoloration to happen, so in my opinion it's a problem because how do you clean it without pulling the grill?
I wouldn’t find this acceptable, whether it’s suppose to drain or be sealed. I’ve been checking frequently, so far no issues. Should be warranty work.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Good question. Even if it does not cause a problem it looks like sloppy design, which is harder to take on such a well designed vehicle. And if it is open enough at the top to collect water, why isn't it open enough at the bottom to let the water drain out?
Well after the newness wears off and more tech data is out for the front bodywork removal , ( youtube). I'm gonna be ripping into it to, and figure it out. I'm not going to tolerate that mess. 'cause that's what gives "LOVE A BAD NAME" or in this case Hyundai.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts