Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're interested in Mojave Sand, don't wait too long. Word is out production of Mojave Sand will end in October. Nothing about a new color to replace it yet.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
486 Posts
If you're interested in Mojave Sand, don't wait too long. Word is out production of Mojave Sand will end in October. Nothing about a new color to replace it yet.
I can totally understand that one. I am guessing an orange or red. Pure conjecture.
They've got all the pale colors covered.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Since Hyundai picked the color palette and the distribution for the Santa Cruz rollout, I went to @Chuck's list of Aug 4th to see what it has been, so far:
746 - Black
541 - White
452 - Gray
277 - Blue
207 - Green (Sage)
35 - Red (Mojave)
Not what I would have guessed but many of these haven't actually been built yet.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Don’t say this!!! I would totally hold out for another color (I’ve settled on white after starting with Blue and then Black). We need to run this rumor down. What’s the new color?!?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Since Hyundai picked the color palette and the distribution for the Santa Cruz rollout, I went to @Chuck's list of Aug 4th to see what it has been, so far:
746 - Black
541 - White
452 - Gray
277 - Blue
207 - Green (Sage)
35 - Red (Mojave)
Not what I would have guessed but many of these haven't actually been built yet.
Wow! This seems to be opposite of the colors that most people are excited about (with the exception of Mohave). Based on the poll on this forum, a lot of folks seem to prefer Blue Stone and Sage Gray but those two colors near the bottom of production. Meanwhile Phantom Black was second to last on the poll but Hyundai way more of that than Mojave, Sage, and Blue combined. Even more head scratching is that Hyundai has almost exclusively shown off Sage Gray, Hampton Gray, and Stone Blue. Another product release faux pas by Hyundai? I'm hoping something is wrong here. (Wanting white myself).

·
Registered
157 Posts
Over marketed and under delivered.

Like, did they REALLY need to call Mojave Sand, "Desert" Sand in Canada?

Offer terrain modes in Canada only?

Only Turbo in Canada?

Are our markets that different?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Think Hyundai could have an option for flakes added to existing and future colors? Had a Mazda back yonder and during the day it looked green and at night appeared almost a dark blue. Something similar maybe?

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,133 Posts
No faux pas at all. Dealers LOVE three colors: black, white, and grey. It's like 80% or more of all vehicles sold today. Also why they're my choice of last resort. I SO wanted a super bright yellow or green on the SC. Or that screaming orange they had on the Kona!! But I settled for Sage Grey, because wife vetoed Blue Stone and I had ZERO interest in the khaki/beige/brown. The Hampton Grey does look sharp though.

No lies, if they introduce a new bright/awesome colour a month after I take delivery, I will be some kind of PO'd about it!!

Also, the green leather interior (A very grey green, but green nonetheless) is a Canada-only feature. I believe I'll be getting black, because they didn't offer it at the time I ordered. And I'm fine with that. Although it may have been nice in a Sage Grey SC.

·
Registered
77 Posts
No faux pas at all. Dealers LOVE three colors: black, white, and grey. It's like 80% or more of all vehicles sold today.
I'm in Arizona so perhaps I did not know black is so popular across the rest of the country. White is definitely popular here but much less so with black (understandably). I guess if I think about other marketing, makers do usually have some flashy color (orange, green, etc.) but you rarely see any on the road in that color. Still though, it seems like a high number of the Phantom Black being made.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,133 Posts
I don't imagine it would be in our favor Chuck ... although maybe we could add some market adjustment addendums to our trade values?

Reactions: Chuck

·
Registered
157 Posts

Multi-terrain mode.

AFAIK it isnt on the US models. I THINK we get a differnet button where yours says Lock.

Or something to that effect.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't imagine it would be in our favor Chuck ... although maybe we could add some market adjustment addendums to our trade values?
In this market... if you can get it for MSRP, you might be surprised. The Kia K5 I had to hold me over until my SC arrived I bought with $0 out of pocket and 2 1/2 months later when I traded it, I had $750 positive equity.. so I made 2 payments totalling 950 + 100 for window tint - so netting it out it cost me $300 for the use of the car. :)

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
680 Posts
dang, I really like that color, if I didn't get the blue I would have wanted to order one.
Thanks Chuck for the heads up, this Mojave Sand Limited can be collector's edition
so far only less than 10 I count ever produced

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
224 Posts
Oh well. Of the current colors, that was my favorite. I kinda like that it has a sort of 'military' look.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Wait… for real? Only in Canada? Is this confirmed?
Canada gets a "snow mode" they won't be offered on the US. Because i guess we don't get snow down here? Doesn't make much sense to me to complicate the software for essentially the same market, just in two different countries

·
Registered
351 Posts
Saw that yellow they somebody posted here, and while I'm waiting on the Hampton Gray, that yellow was sharp

1 - 20 of 59 Posts