Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Maybe this is why they haven't released pricing yet - they know production is delayed.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I often notice that, down the page under "Recommended Reading," the posts from two, or three, or five years ago were often saying: "Almost Here," "Any Day Now," "This is it," "Right Around the Corner," "It Won't Be Long," "or "Pretty Soon!" .... <sigh>

·
Registered
668 Posts
I often notice that, down the page under "Recommended Reading," the posts from two, or three, or five years ago were often saying: "Almost Here," "Any Day Now," "This is it," "Right Around the Corner," "It Won't Be Long," "or "Pretty Soon!" .... <sigh>
That must be a reflection of the last 6+ years of baiting us with SAV bliss. I can't bite an empty hook! 🎣

·
Registered
793 Posts
All those previous false starts were, as it turns out, nothing more then rumors. The difference this time is they have a finished vehicle ready for production. I do feel bad for anyone who was excited back in 2015... they must have given up by now. Hyundai just jumped the gun saying it would be available this "summer", the chip shortage is affecting all automakers.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (Limited in the US)
772 Posts
I was hyped for the concept in 2015 ... but, it was also a concept. Rarely do concepts ever make it to production - and if they do ... well, remember the Pontiac Aztek? Pretty cool concept, then the bean counters make it a Frankenstein of the worst bits of the GM parts bin. (Although I know several people who loved them for their actual utility, if not the looks.) I think it's fair to wait for a company to actually do a GOOD job of bringing a concept to production ... and I believe Hyundai has done just that with the SC!

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (Limited in the US)
772 Posts
Nah, it's just a refundable deposit ... not really any different than the US, just five times as much, like everything else up here. LOL

·
Registered
156 Posts
Has anyone called this phone number on the Hyundai USA site?

I may call today just to see if they have any info... it's been a week since the Maverick dropped, I can't believe they haven't released more info.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Has anyone called this phone number on the Hyundai USA site?

View attachment 828

I may call today just to see if they have any info... it's been a week since the Maverick dropped, I can't believe they haven't released more info.
I called the other day. She sent me a 2022 Santa Cruz live showroom schedule. The next ones are tomorrow. She said that they would talk about accessories and options not on the website and she said pricing should be released at the end of the month.

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you go to the Santa Cruz page, there will be a little pop up once the show goes live -- or at least that's how I saw it a few weeks back.

Just sit on the page a little bit to make sure it fully loads and it should be in the lower right side to join the virtual showroom session.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you go to the Santa Cruz page, there will be a little pop up once the show goes live -- or at least that's how I saw it a few weeks back.

Just sit on the page a little bit to make sure it fully loads and it should be in the lower right side to join the virtual showroom session.
Waste of time. The host knows nothing more than what we already know. No pricing release dates. No info on accessories. No info on actual availability. Don’t bother. It’s an hour of your life you cannot get back.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Oh yeah baby! Analog dash on the SE base model. Hopefully knobs and dials with the 8" SE center screen like the Tucson. Waiting on answer... Yahoo! SE smaller center screen same as the Tucson.
(y)(y)

This is a 2022 Tucson SE pilot control center:

That confirms the SE for me. :cool:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts