Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
A bit too feminine for me....
"Baby blue" is pretty universally accepted to be the color to represent the birth of a male though, lol!

I'll agree its not a "bad boy" blue, and may represent youthful, pure, or playful masculinity compared to a deeper more somber or electric exciting shade of blue, but certainly not femininity IMO. The feminine version would be pink vs say a darker or vibrant shade of red. Like red also has other meanings like passion and war, baby blue is also meant to represent peace and tranquility and remind one of the sky, of which the latter the designers indicated was their inspiration as they picked from the most common colors of the landscape. It seems a bit more muted and calm than their "performance blue" which is also a light blue shade they use on cars like the Veloster N (even inside on the seatbelts and stitching).

Personally, I think it would look great with a white roof and pillars, which is easy enough to wrap (mirror caps would also probably need to be white on top, but too lazy to adjust). :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
"Baby blue" is pretty universally accepted to be the color to represent the birth of a male though, lol!

I'll agree its not a "bad boy" blue, and may represent youthful, pure, or playful masculinity compared to a deeper more somber or electric exciting shade of blue, but certainly not femininity IMO. The feminine version would be pink vs say a darker or vibrant shade of red. Like red also has other meanings like passion and war, baby blue is also meant to represent peace and tranquility and remind one of the sky, of which the latter the designers indicated was their inspiration as they picked from the most common colors of the landscape. It seems a bit more muted and calm than their "performance blue" which is also a light blue shade they use on cars like the Veloster N (even inside on the seatbelts and stitching).

Personally, I think it would look great with a white roof and pillars, which is easy enough to wrap (mirror caps would also probably need to be white on top, but too lazy to adjust). :)
My Daughter thought this color would appeal more to a woman, as well. She thinks it would look odd seeing a guy driving one in this color.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,188 Posts
Q: Mr HSC4ME, now that you've taken delivery of your new Blue Stone Hyundai Santa Cruz what are you going to do?

A: I'm cruising over to Tiffany's for a pair of crystal Bedrock sandals! :ROFLMAO:

Nice job Dan Ramano! Back at yeah (y)

Then there's this masculine-feminine beauty...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Here's another example of Baby Blue, Gulf Racing Blue or Blue Stone on the HSC.

I've always liked this color on Porsches, but could never find a deal on a used one...

The HSC might also look nice in a vinyl gloss blacked out roof with solid gloss black wheels like so many vehicle offer today.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Two-tone roof/body paintjobs are definitely coming back in style. I do like black wheels, but only if they have some kind of visual cue for where the rim ends and the tire begins, otherwise from a distance they tend to look like black holes. Mercedes has AMG black spoked wheels that leave a shiny lip for example on the outside circumference. It has a cool effect in motion as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here's another example of Baby Blue, Gulf Racing Blue or Blue Stone on the HSC.

View attachment 726

I've always liked this color on Porsches, but could never find a deal on a used one...

The HSC might also look nice in a vinyl gloss blacked out roof with solid gloss black wheels like so many vehicle offer today.
Certain colors look better depending on the car or with an added color, as in this case. That baby blue for the Santa Cruz just doesn't look right to me.

·
Registered
TBD
49 Posts
Ran across this today

reddit.com/r/Hyundai/comments/mswhn7/exclusive_santa_cruz_pictures_in_the_wild/
Very nice find on the pictures.

That is our first look at a lower trim. No sliding back glass, no tonneau cover, and you can see the physical controls for HVAC and scroll wheels for tuning/volume.

Interior is what we expected based on the base Tucson, but it is nice to see the bed size without the cover.

Also it is our first look at the different wheels, side steps, silver garnish on the front, and black accent panels on the side.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I agree, most likely a pre-production prototype. The wheel arch trim is different. Personally don't like the silver bits on the front. I'd expect it to get flat black there, while the Limited gets the gloss black trim. Like the 2022 Tucson interior dash cluster and 8" screen with knobs! Also hoping all models get color keyed door handles to not make them stand out. Wheels look okay too.

Still liking the color. Interesting how this and the Sage-Gray seem to change in color with different lighting.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Generally, the sharp crease lines in the body stying are fine, as long as there is a graceful flow to them. Somehow, the front cap seems awkward and unfinished to me -- it evokes thoughts of early Transformer cartoons from the 70's, or the early stages of a designer's rough clay model. ... especially the square box corner jutting out of those faux air intakes around the headlights (Which, BTW, are positioned far too low - expect lots of complaints about headlight aiming and glare.)

I'm becoming more favorable about the colors as they "settle in."

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.