Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Doesn't seem like production shortages will pick up any time soon.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,119 Posts
Ooof. I guess my positive takeaway from this is that after getting my SC next month (as long as all goes smoothly there) ... we shouldn't be doing ANY new vehicle shopping for at least 5 years. Hopefully the world will find its new normal by then!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ooof. I guess my positive takeaway from this is that after getting my SC next month (as long as all goes smoothly there) ... we shouldn't be doing ANY new vehicle shopping for at least 5 years. Hopefully the world will find its new normal by then!
Depending on source, constant conflicting reports......it will get better........it will get worse. Our new Covid norm.

·
Registered
350 Posts
They were shut last Thursday/Friday as well.

Saw an article today that Toyota/Lexus were finally feeling the shortage and cancelled their second inventory allocations for the month.

Another article that it's expected to get better in the 4th quarter of this year - but earlier in the year it was supposed to improve in June/July then when that didn't happen it was Aug/Sept. When I start seeing more cars allocated in a month that the dealer sold the prior month then I'll believe that it is improving. Unfortunately I'm seeing allocations as a lower and lower percent of what was sold.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
673 Posts
to fundamentally help everyone who wants it to get it, they need to ramp up production, even back to full capacity later, there's still going to be loss in total number produced, not good for buyers hoping to get a deal :sick:

·
Registered
732 Posts
My biggest concern is that if there are supply chain issues, manufacturers might start getting flexible on sourcing alternatives, and if some people are calling in sick or missed a couple weeks of training because of being close to someone who was diagnosed so they have to do testing and quarantine until they have results and other such shenanigans that we might five years from now refer to vehicles built during this time as "COVID Cars" because of their lower than average reliability or assembly mistakes and what not. I have super weird shift right now that didn't happen before COVID where I have to take naps during the day for meetings in the evenings for the overseas folks. It can mean things just aren't running as smoothly as if they were regular BAU.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts