Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still twiddling my thumbs impatiently waiting for the time to buy.. and then I see vids talking about since the chip shortage pricing of chips are going up.. which in turn will make cars prices go up (maybe 8-10%) and financing is supposed to also be raising up in the near future... Is it worth waiting?! I don't ever think prices will drop once people are used to paying more. What's y'alls opinion on this?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Still twiddling my thumbs impatiently waiting for the time to buy.. and then I see vids talking about since the chip shortage pricing of chips are going up.. which in turn will make cars prices go up (maybe 8-10%) and financing is supposed to also be raising up in the near future... Is it worth waiting?! I don't ever think prices will drop once people are used to paying more. What's y'alls opinion on this?
Industry news is no chip shortage relief until Q2 2022. Hyundai has ~15 day inventory which is half of normal. Prices will remain high, trade in values as well. Possible rate increases in November, but low rates and longer terms (due to high purchase prices) like 60, 72 and even 84 months will continue into 2022.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I don't see the MSRP on vehicles going up. Automakers are still leaving money on the table by not having enough supply, and if and when supply catches up I don't think they would want to have discouraged buyers by increasing their "advertised" price.

I think if anything the automakers might be scheming at is how they break away from the dealer system and start more direct sales. And as much as I would like direct sales for automakers the biggest benefit there is it will allow them to better control pricing.

For next year I would bet more then increasing MSRP's to instead expect it to be even harder to find the base model of cars as they focus their manufacturing on higher priced trims.

·
Registered
13 Posts
MSRP will most certainly go up due to inflation and manufacturing costs. I've been keeping track of Dodge Challenger prices for the past 18 months, for example, since I want to get another one, and their price has gone up steadily at a few hundred dollars every quarter. The only way we will pay less is if the economy stabilizes (unlikely with who's in charge), parts become readily available again and production increases to where there is a glut of new cars again and rebates will return. Other than that, we definitely will keep paying more and more.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I've been keeping track of Dodge Challenger prices for the past 18 months, for example, since I want to get another one, and their price has gone up steadily at a few hundred dollars every quarter.
Dealer price yes, but the MSRP? Never seen that even with massively in demand and short C8 production. MSRP only changes with a new model year to account for inflation.

I’ve been monitoring SC inventory and it’s slowly creeping up. However I doubt you’ll see any discounts this year or next year. Be prepared to pay MSRP for awhile.

·
Registered
150 Posts
MSRP will most certainly go up due to inflation and manufacturing costs. I've been keeping track of Dodge Challenger prices for the past 18 months, for example, since I want to get another one, and their price has gone up steadily at a few hundred dollars every quarter. The only way we will pay less is if the economy stabilizes (unlikely with who's in charge), parts become readily available again and production increases to where there is a glut of new cars again and rebates will return. Other than that, we definitely will keep paying more and more.
I agree MSRP may go up a few hundred with the next model year. But I think the implication is the manufacturers might up the MSRP to match the premiums above MSRP many have been paying. And I don't think that's likely.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dealer price yes, but the MSRP? Never seen that even with massively in demand and short C8 production. MSRP only changes with a new model year to account for inflation.

I’ve been monitoring SC inventory and it’s slowly creeping up. However I doubt you’ll see any discounts this year or next year. Be prepared to pay MSRP for awhile.
Base MSRP on the Monroney sticker for a Challenger was just over 28K for the SXT trim at the beginning of the model year. Now it's 29.5K plus they raised the cost of individual options and shipping. The higher trims also increased. So I can't speak to the C8 pricing but obviously the blanket statement of MSRP only changes with model year is incorrect. It looks to me that FCA is adjusting for the rampant inflation quarterly. These are made in Canada, maybe that also has an impact.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts