Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD Black Beauty
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SC didn't come with mudguards and I'd like to get some. Using the MyHyundai app I chose accessories and my closest dealer. It showed them at $36 a pair INSTALLED. I know they are supposed to be easy to put on, but I thought at that price, let the dealer do it. Drove over to the dealer and tried to set a time to have them installed. He told me that the installed price would be $289! o_O I asked about what the app says and showed it to him, his was response $289 is the price. Told him goodbye.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,313 Posts
Order through the app and install yourself. At that price, there's no way it takes $250 in labor to pop a few pins and push them back in. The mud guards are a very simple little piece. Easy driveway job.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD Black Beauty
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Order through the app and install yourself. At that price, there's no way it takes $250 in labor to pop a few pins and push them back in. The mud guards are a very simple little piece. Easy driveway job.
Agreed, I was just thinking For the same price, I wouldn't have to do anything but sit in the waiting room while their tech got his hands dirty. ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
My SC didn't come with mudguards and I'd like to get some. Using the MyHyundai app I chose accessories and my closest dealer. It showed them at $36 a pair INSTALLED. I know they are supposed to be easy to put on, but I thought at that price, let the dealer do it. Drove over to the dealer and tried to set a time to have them installed. He told me that the installed price would be $289! o_O I asked about what the app says and showed it to him, his was response $289 is the price. Told him goodbye.
**** in CA you could have filed a complaint with the state for not honoring the internet price they would have been fined for that,

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
772 Posts
I'd strongly recommend doing it yourself. The fasteners that come with the mud guards are screwed in instead of pressed in. If overtightened, the plastic threads are easily stripped and it'll stay on forever

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.