Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for recommendations for an android app for my phone to play MP3's
Would like it to be able to randomize songs within a folder. Be able to easily find and move around selecting a song. Be able to scroll around playing position within a song (thinking about long podcasts, to skip past sections). Bonus is ability to control things from SC display. Would like it connecting wireless to the car.
Stretch goal is android auto compatible.

What do you have, and what made you pick it?

·
Registered
Santa Cruz SE AWD
64 Posts
Would like it to be able to randomize songs within a folder. Be able to easily find and move around selecting a song. Be able to scroll around playing position within a song (thinking about long podcasts, to skip past sections). Bonus is ability to control things from SC display. Would like it connecting wireless to the car.

Rocket Player. Checks all the boxes.

Rocket Player. Checks all the boxes.

·
Registered
390 Posts
PlayerPro (Player Pro for Android)
Large buttons on the screen for ‘play’ ‘fast forward’ etc. So many players have such small buttons and when driving i don’t like that

When connected to my limited via bluetooth you can control volume, next song, etc from the steering wheel. So most of the time, I never even touch the phone. You can set it up to auto connect at start up so that there is no initial setup procedure each time you get into the SC. That is how I have been using it for the last two months. Convenient.

·
Registered
30 Posts

I have tried quite a few of them but I have been using Poweramp for the past year or so. Really like the granular settings. My own preference. I think you can still get the free 7 day trial. You can select different skins in the paid version.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts