Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang! Here in New York & I am very excited as I placed my order for a 22’ Limited in Hampton grey on Wednesday. First new car in many years(currently have a 2005 Honda Element). Being a musician, the Element has been great to transport gear but the SC will also do the job well. Can’t wait(but I have to!) to get behind the wheel of mine! Will be adding lots of things to it like the tow package, mud flaps, hood deflector, rain guards and a bed extender. Pics to come once it’s in hand!

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,002 Posts
Welcome! One of many past Honda Element owners here, that are now Santa Cruz'n through life in our later years. You're going to love it!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Welcome aboard, @TJNY65, It is plain to see that you are a man with an exquisite taste in your choice of vehicles!

Reactions: Boilerman

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brother-in-law has an Element and loves his. Most versitile vehicle. He hauls all his DJ crap in that thing.
I car camped and drove 3/4 across the country in it several years ago. Built a bed in it. A wonderful time was had!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just picked up my black on black limited yesterday and I can't be more in love except... It IS a bummer that the top of the line needs to be USB plugged in for android auto (CarPlay otherwise known as phone projection) or the apple equivalent to work, whereas the lower trims have WIRELESS CarPlay. Now I'm buying a wireless CarPlay wireless to wired Dongle... now, if you don't know what all of that mesns... man are you in for a pleasant surprise!
That's a pretty big miss in my opinion.
Otherwise, stay tuned!

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,119 Posts
As much as I'd like to have the OPTION of using wireless AA/CP, I'm okay with wired anyway. For the most part, I only charge my phone in the car on my commute, which is just over an hour. I found the wireless to be on the slow side on my Note 10+, and made it warmer than I'm used to feeling when it charges wirelessly, so I'm plugging in anyway.

Just be sure to go into your car settings and make sure you enable split screen! That way instead of the unused portion on the passenger side just showing the AA logo, you can swipe through several display options like clock, weather, navigation, compass, radio, etc. I love it when I have AA up for maps (yes, even with built-in nav, I prefer Google) and am listening to Sirius that I can get my station/song info up on the side as well. I find that actually useful.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey gang! Here in New York & I am very excited as I placed my order for a 22’ Limited in Hampton grey on Wednesday. First new car in many years(currently have a 2005 Honda Element). Being a musician, the Element has been great to transport gear but the SC will also do the job well. Can’t wait(but I have to!) to get behind the wheel of mine! Will be adding lots of things to it like the tow package, mud flaps, hood deflector, rain guards and a bed extender. Pics to come once it’s in hand!
Welcome, from a former 06’ Element owner (wife’s car) - had over 200Km with no Issues. Actually miss the flexiblity and those suicide doors were the best to get odd shaped items in, which I wasn’t able to in a larger SUV (I.e. my old Xterra)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just picked up my black on black limited yesterday and I can't be more in love except... It IS a bummer that the top of the line needs to be USB plugged in for android auto (CarPlay otherwise known as phone projection) or the apple equivalent to work, whereas the lower trims have WIRELESS CarPlay. Now I'm buying a wireless CarPlay wireless to wired Dongle... now, if you don't know what all of that mesns... man are you in for a pleasant surprise!
Otherwise, stay tuned!
I don’t know…..bluetooth covers the wired issue so not a big deal to me. Glad your loving it!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome, from a former 06’ Element owner (wife’s car) - had over 200Km with no Issues. Actually miss the flexiblity and those suicide doors were the best to get odd shaped items in, which I wasn’t able to in a larger SUV (I.e. my old Xterra)
It is a great car and too bad they haven’t revived them. Could now, with todays tech, be more than great! Gonna keep mine for the foreseeable future. The SC will make a nice companion to it!

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,002 Posts
Otherwise, stay tuned!
IIRC someone at Hyundai mentioned in a video that the plugged-in vs. wireless thing was some kind of legal thing and should be rectified in a future software update (hopefully). Now I could have a faulty memory since I'm in the Santa Cruz geezer club, because it seems odd that the non-Bose cars have wireless. Maybe what they were talking about is somehow related to the Bose XM combo. YMMV...

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,119 Posts
No, unless we have a shared false memory, I heard mention that a software update could fix the missing wireless AA/CP. I think it was from the Hyundai-Kia Channel, talking about an expected update for the Telluride with the 10.25" infotainment. At least we'll all be wrong and crazy together if we've made it up. LOL

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Funny, I see the model I ordered is in transit to the dealer but I have not heard from them indicating it’s mine. Calling this morning to find out if it is or if I’m still going to have to wait for one. 🤞🏼

·
Registered
71 Posts
Funny, I see the model I ordered is in transit to the dealer but I have not heard from them indicating it’s mine. Calling this morning to find out if it is or if I’m still going to have to wait for one. 🤞🏼
🤞hope it works out!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It’s mine! Going away for a weeks vacation but have been assured it will be secured and put aside for me. Very excited!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts