Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First the MyHyundai app is misreporting my SC's mileage as 3389 when in fact is is 2176.

The app also says I have 361 miles to go before next maintenance. I know the owners manual says 8000 miles before first oil change which imo is way too long (especially for the first change.)

Since it is not reporting the correct mileage that 361 is meaningless to me at this point. Regardless, the last time I recall looking when it was reporting the correct mileage which was around 1900 or so it was saying the next maintenance was due in around 2100 miles which would make the total mileage appx 4000.

I think I read in the app or somewhere the maintenance interval can vary depending on your driving style and history.

What do you think? Should the first oil change happen when the app prompts you to schedule service or should it be done at 4000, 6000 or 8000 miles?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Follow the manual, especially since you know the app is wrong.

Oil changes are 12 months/8,000 miles under normal usage or 6 months/5,000 miles under severe usage. Most people's usage actually falls under severe usage if they honest about their driving. Personally I would do the first oil change around 600 miles which is the break-in period.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Oil changes are 12 months/8,000 miles under normal usage or 6 months/5,000 miles under severe usage. Most people's usage actually falls under severe usage if they honest about their driving. Personally I would do the first oil change around 600 miles which is the break-in period.
Thank you. I too was thinking 6000 miles seems about right or in my case 12 months since I seriously doubt I will even have 6000 at that point.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium
55 Posts
For serve driving conditions like stop/go traffic, extensive braking, if 50% driving in heavy city traffic with hot weather above 90 degrees should be 3,750 miles.

·
Registered
Limited
301 Posts
My dealership shows my maintenance package starts with one at 3.8K miles. Since your mileage isn't being reported correctly, it seems that is why it says 361 miles to maintenance.

It shows the 3.8K maintenance as oil & filter change along with a Multi-point inspection. The dealer pays for one oil change a year and Hyundai pays for another one. I am sure it's a way to get you to come in and upsell you on work.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I am sure it's a way to get you to come in and upsell you on work.
Most likely yes.

Dealers offer all kinds of service packages but the owners manual lists what is required to maintain your warranty. Hyundai gives 3 years or 36k of maintenance for free, but they use the normal maintenance schedule: Hyundai Complimentary Maintenance Program | Hyundai USA reading up on the program you have a 1 month or 1,000 miles window to complete the scheduled work. Hyundai only covers oil changes, oil filters, tire rotation and a multi-point inspection with this program.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I see you said 600 and not 6000. I was going to include in my original post I don't subscribe to the 500-600 mile oil change plan advocated by you and @soldthetaco. :cool:

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
772 Posts
it is weird, mine in the app under reports the mileage by several hundred miles, so no clue why the discrepancy exists, but you shouldn't need to rely on the app to tell you about maintenance, that's for those uninitiated

·
Registered
82 Posts
First the MyHyundai app is misreporting my SC's mileage as 3389 when in fact is is 2176.

The app also says I have 361 miles to go before next maintenance. I know the owners manual says 8000 miles before first oil change which imo is way too long (especially for the first change.)

Since it is not reporting the correct mileage that 361 is meaningless to me at this point. Regardless, the last time I recall looking when it was reporting the correct mileage which was around 1900 or so it was saying the next maintenance was due in around 2100 miles which would make the total mileage appx 4000.

I think I read in the app or somewhere the maintenance interval can vary depending on your driving style and history.

What do you think? Should the first oil change happen when the app prompts you to schedule service or should it be done at 4000, 6000 or 8000 miles?
My dealer told me they would do the first free oil change at 1500 miles, then every 6 months or 5000 miles for a total of 6 free changes over 3 yrs.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
109 Posts
I was poking around the MyHyundai website because they emailed me this morning and said I could use it to track maintenance, with a double asterisk that says some features only available on desktop (from the best I can tell, this means only tracking maintenance done at the dealership).

On the desktop view of the site I got some interesting information.

First, it states that based on my driving habits my maintenance interval is 7500 miles.

Next, when I went to the maintenance schedule page it says "total remaining services: 4"

Also, if you go to schedule maintenance in the app it has a selection for first service along with oil change, tire rotation, etc. They all have prices by them, which they shouldn't for the included maintenance. But maybe that's them showing the "value" we're getting. It states nothing about what mileage that first service should be at.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.