Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
SEL AWD
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been spending time in the garage and leaving it open so I can flex on my neighbors with my new SC. A few have thrown passing compliments, but anyone who stops to talk wants to ask a million questions about our Nissan Leaf instead. Might just be the neighborhood.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE NA-FWD In Idaho
1,010 Posts
I've been spending time in the garage and leaving it open so I can flex on my neighbors with my new SC. A few have thrown passing compliments, but anyone who stops to talk wants to ask a million questions about our Nissan Leaf instead. Might just be the neighborhood.
I park outside..Haven't been asked once but then this is the 5th cars that has parked in that spot since 2019 lol... They are probably waiting for this one to be gone :) and it's not a plan :)
It took me 5 tries to get it right........

·
Registered
'22 SEL Premium in White
105 Posts
Meanwhile, my neighbors keep stopping me to ask about it when I'm on my way in or out of the house. Three or four by now I think. My tree service guy also asked me a bunch of questions about it when he was over a few weeks ago, too.

It's a polarizing vehicle, I guess.

·
Registered
41 Posts
same here, although im not flexing, a few have approached while fueling up at costco, but no comments in the neighbor hood, nor looks, probably because of my patrol car in the driveway, so having said that, i care more that i enjoy my sc than other people, enjoy your sc, happy driving!

·
Registered
2022 SE AWD - Phantom Black
122 Posts
I live in a "Lugggsury Duplex", (seriously with 3 Gs). My next door neighbor is a college girl with a Lexus GX470. On the other side, in a different building, is a mid-sized Escalade owned by a nurse with two teenaged boys.

I don't think they're even happy that I mow the yard. They're just glad I don't talk to them. They probably haven't noticed my new vehicle! :ROFLMAO: :LOL::eek:

·
Registered
2022 SEL-Premuim 2.5Turbo AWD
210 Posts
I couldnt tell you what my neighbors have for cars-except 1. James has a fully restored 1970 Chevelle SS. Other then that there are some mini-vans, a few sedans, and a lot of SUV’s. Oh yea, a pickup or two. What kind, what color? Couldn’t even guess…🤷🏻 🤣

·
Registered
40 Posts
I live in pick-up truck country. I've had one neighbor go into the garage to check it out. I've had another stop me on the street as I was driving by. And I had a third who hasn't ever talked to me in 10 years - just waves as he goes by - actually stop and ask about it.

Then there are the complete strangers who come up to me in the parking lot to check it out and tell me how sharp it is. One guy was even driving a Benz, and he was the most interested, walking to the front and back, and looking in the interior.

That said, my adult son thinks it's ugly. Funny how things play out.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
1,091 Posts
Hmmm, I have no neighbors. If I walk the 150 ft to end of my driveway I can see one other mailbox 1/4 mile away. As long as I don’t sell any land it will remain that way!

gusto!!
I am in the sameboat, plus i live on a fairly isolated headland, and was shocked to see a Hampton Grey SC drive past the driveway yesterday, a passer by? Or does one of my isolation neighbours now possess SC style?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am in the sameboat, plus i live on a fairly isolated headland, and was shocked to see a Hampton Grey SC drive past the driveway yesterday, a passer by? Or does one of my isolation neighbours now possess SC style?
I 👀 first SC (black) on the highway Saturday morning. I was heading north on interstate 95 and instantly recognized those distinctive DRLs coming up behind me. We played leap 🐸 for about 20 mins. 👋and giving the 👍up back and forth. Until he got tired of how slow I was going and left me in the dust -🐢

Gusto!

·
Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
733 Posts
I live in a community of (more than likely leased) BMW's, MB's & Lexus's (Lexi?) and a few Teslas. Don't care what the neighbors think, but my lawn is the best in the neighborhood. 🤣

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
The closest my neighbor came to saying anything about my SC was, "That's a nice color."

OTOH, two women chased me down in a parking lot and started firing questions at me about Myrtle.

Reactions: ffemt210

·
Registered
Ice White SEL 2.5 AWD non turbo w/activity package
51 Posts
Nothing much from my neighbors except the few I talk to on a regular basis.
I umpire baseball. I get to games about an hour prior and meet our partners and get ready for the game so I spend considerable time around the SC while parked. Its definitely a love it or hate it design. It’s funny how some of my partners don’t pay any mind to it, while others want I know everything about it. I rarely work a game where I don’t have at least one person walk up to me and ask about it. I’m never sure if they’re gonna ask me about the SC or give me crap for some call they think I blew.🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
59 Posts
4 of my neighbors have come by to talk and check it out. My neighbors are car people. One has 5 Tesla’s one has a 59 caddy,69 elcamino one has a rat rod and another is into jeep things lol. They ask how it compares to my Range Rover. Plus they know I like American stuff and ask why the Hyundai. I justify it by. Built in America and provides American jobs. My Rover has a Ford eco boost engine in it lol. It’s not home much because it’s on TURO a lot!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts