Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Phantom Black with gleeming detailed lines
97 Posts
Seriously, out of the following pictures, which one would you choose? Mind you Mercedes and Ford ran to get their trucks into production only after seeing Hyundai's unvail of their's in 2015. Mercedes went horribly wrong when it teamed up with Nissan. Some companies and * people ruin it for others. Ford went right ahead and built what Hyundai should have. Even in silver. Remember! Fruit cakes are not good for you, nor the world. Powder blue, really? I see more people gather around the Ford when out.
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Automotive parking light
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle
than the Hyundai.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been spending time in the garage and leaving it open so I can flex on my neighbors with my new SC. A few have thrown passing compliments, but anyone who stops to talk wants to ask a million questions about our Nissan Leaf instead. Might just be the neighborhood.
I live in the Midwest and since I've had my white Santa Cruz I've had at least 50 people ask me about it. All my neighbors on our cul-de-sac love it and neighbors on the street I don't know ask me to stop so they can ask questions about it and admire it. My husband has weekly blood tests at the local hospital and while I'm waiting for him in the parking lot every time someone comes by and asked me about it. One time a gentleman asked me about it and a security guard came and asked me if the guy was bothering me. On a road trip several people in the small towns at stoplights told us how much they admired it and they had never seen it before and wanted to know about it. Every valet person has asked me about it because they want to get one because they loved how it drove. I've only seen two others Santa Cruz in our town of almost 1,000,000 people so it has been a rare luxury as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE NA-FWD In Idaho
1,011 Posts
I like the Ford for having a "Truck" look......but can it get the 100% city 24mpg avg I'm getting ? If it did I would take that over the Maverick "Wannabe Truck" look

·
Registered
SEL AWD
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Seriously, out of the following pictures, which one would you choose? Mind you Mercedes and Ford ran to get their trucks into production only after seeing Hyundai's unvail of their's in 2015. Mercedes went horribly wrong when it teamed up with Nissan. Some companies and * people ruin it for others. Ford went right ahead and built what Hyundai should have. Even in silver. Remember! Fruit cakes are not good for you, nor the world. Powder blue, really? I see more people gather around the Ford when out. View attachment 11481 View attachment 11482 View attachment 11483 than the Hyundai. View attachment 11476
I'm confused. You're comparing completely different classes of vehicle and your top priority for cross shopping is appearance?

·
Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
733 Posts
Flexing on the neighbors should be higher on his priority list? 😂

·
Registered
42 Posts
4 of my neighbors have come by to talk and check it out. My neighbors are car people. One has 5 Tesla’s one has a 59 caddy,69 elcamino one has a rat rod and another is into jeep things lol. They ask how it compares to my Range Rover. Plus they know I like American stuff and ask why the Hyundai. I justify it by. Built in America and provides American jobs. My Rover has a Ford eco boost engine in it lol. It’s not home much because it’s on TURO a lot!
****! What kind of neighborhood do you live in? Seems like you're slumming it with the SC.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Of course. Flexing on neighbors is second on my priority list after a bunch of useless LED mods.
Why did you install them if they are useless? 🤣

·
Registered
2022 Phantom Black with gleeming detailed lines
97 Posts
Yes you are confused. They are all trucks. If Hyundai would have built what they showed, you would have had those tow hooks, dual exhaust, V6 engine, memory powered seat, power folding mirrors, suitable rims, and uniformed flowing lines. Part of a vehicle is design. What they showed in 2015, was a masterpiece! What they delivered was just another work of art. You would never have these " idle word" squabbles on the forums between Ford and Honda trucks. Any time you put a container on the back, and I do not care what others like to call it. It is a truck! Hyundai would have been the truck of trucks. They do not even have the silver paint option they showed! I am not a gold digger, I have plenty of gold. I do however ( like most ), also choose my vehicle by appearance. Just like you do when you put on your clothes.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I thought the useless LED mods would make strangers on the internet think I'm cool, but it's obvious that I'm a thirsty scrub.
So, did it or did it not garner you the desired result?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts