Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Owners please take about your expérience as a Hyandai owner. Appreciate all reponses.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
417 Posts
We have owned a 2013 Santa Fe, 2013 Elantra, and a 2015 Sonata. All three vehicles were produced with minimal defects, unlike my most recent Honda Ridgeline. The fit and finish of all 3 was excellent - body panels lined up perfectly, plastic trim pieces fit perfectly, and paint was good. I have no complaints about any of the Hyundai products we have owned and would welcome a Santa Cruz in our garage, providing it is large enough and not too high priced. The 10 year warranty will let you rest peacefully at night, especially while you are making those car payments.

·
Registered
793 Posts
My parents owned a Sonata awhile ago... they had zero problems and no complaints, got good mileage and was downright quick with the turbo. They only owned it for 2 maybe 3 years so no long term data. That is the only personal experience I have. I know a few coworkers who owned them - once again never heard a complaint. When traveling for business (I spent 60% of my time on the road at one point) I would try to rent H/K products because I found their interiors were simple and straight forward, kind of reminded me of my older Hondas.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Since 1994, between my wife and I, we have owned 8 Elantras (1994-2018), 1 Santa Fe (2008), 1 Sonata (2012), 2 Accents (1997, 2002), 1 Tuscon (2017), 1 Kona (2020), 1 Palisade (2020. I can honestly say that other than the '08 Santa Fe and the '12 Elantra I have not had any issues with any of these vehicles. Oh yeah, I used to sell Hyundai as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2010 Kia Soul, 2015 Santa FE Sport turbo, 2018 Kona Limited turbo with DCT. They are-were all good cars but the Kona turbo is a riot and my all-time favorite. Retired Honda tech here buys Hyundai, go figure.

·
Registered
668 Posts
In the same camp as the title of this thread. Hoping the new 2.5L with MPI & GDI hits a reliability sweat spot. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2010 Kia Soul, 2015 Santa FE Sport turbo, 2018 Kona Limited turbo with DCT. They are-were all good cars but the Kona turbo is a riot and my all-time favorite. Retired Honda tech here buys Hyundai, go figure.
Thank You!!!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since 1994, between my wife and I, we have owned 8 Elantras (1994-2018), 1 Santa Fe (2008), 1 Sonata (2012), 2 Accents (1997, 2002), 1 Tuscon (2017), 1 Kona (2020), 1 Palisade (2020. I can honestly say that other than the '08 Santa Fe and the '12 Elantra I have not had any issues with any of these vehicles. Oh yeah, I used to sell Hyundai as well.
Thank You!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I had a 2009 KIA Optima with the World 2.4 good car..got upwards of 32-33mpg going to Vegas but after three years it was showing it's age in the interior, Honestly the seats reminded me of a Ford..and the wear and tear also
Inner door handle broke right before we traded it in, snapped right off.
Had a old style Santa Fe 3.5 AWD Limited 19mpg freeway... Nice but heavy and it felt it..

·
Registered
118 Posts
Bought my first Hyundai 2 weeks ago (my 75th car). Gotta admit, I'm pretty impressed with everything about it. 2021 Veloster DCT model.... Sold a '17 Porsche 911 Turbo.....

It's quick, 8 spd DCT has logic as good as the benchmark PDK. Fit and finish are excellent cept for the plastic interior, but I understand the money went into the chassis. Hyundai stealing Bierman from BMW has really paid off on this car..

·
Registered
793 Posts
2021 Veloster DCT model.... Sold a '17 Porsche 911 Turbo.....

It's quick, 8 spd DCT has logic as good as the benchmark PDK.
That is saying a lot right there. I drove my brother's Boxster PDK and the shifts were lighting fast and made your traditional slush box automatic seem like a joke. Never been a fan of autos and that PDK was almost as fun as a true manual transmission ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Remember the Honda Civic of 1976? I owned an Orange one....LOVED LOVED LOVED it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Owned a Porsche Boxster S automatic. Sweat mother of shifting perfection!

My old 87 Carrera Cab manual was more fun to drive, especially when the tail would wag the driver. ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

My old 87 Carrera Cab manual was more fun to drive, especially when the tail would wag the driver. ;)

..."wag the driver"...lol

·
Registered
Currently drive a Toyota 4-Runner Limited.
33 Posts
I have owned two Hyundai’s, a Sonata and an Elantra. We had both for 7 or 8 years with no problems. I would recommend Hyundai to anyone looking for a vehicle.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have owned two Hyundai’s, a Sonata and an Elantra. We had both for 7 or 8 years with no problems. I would recommend Hyundai to anyone looking for a vehicle.
Thank You!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts