Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ice White Limited AWD SC
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With the new build configurator finally up, I stumbled on the following accessory:

Bed Rails - $395

My question, and if anyone who has already picked up their SC can please check, is if there seem to be any mounting points where the bed rails could be mounted that wouldn't conflict with the tonneau cover? I looked around and noticed that there are two areas that appear to be removable where they could possibly be mounted on.
Product Azure Font Material property Technology
Plant Car Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle

Thanks in advance!

Product Azure Font Material property Technology
Plant Car Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,313 Posts
Yeah, it would be SUPER useful if they had a photo of the mythical product. The design of them could look good ... or terrible.

Reactions: j.roman

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guessing the bed rails are the inside the bed rails that come with the activity package and have the moveable cleats. But Car and Driver did have an article about the T-Slots and confirmed that's what they are.
Gotcha, that makes sense. Thought it was separate when I saw the cross rails item. Will be interesting to see how they are mounted so I can put my mountain bikes and cargo box on it.

"Cross rails - Attach them to your bed rails, positioning them where you wish along the length of your open bed. Perfect for mounting accessories such as lights, mountain bikes or tents above the bed."

·
Registered
555 Posts
With the new build configurator finally up, I stumbled on the following accessory:

Bed Rails - $395

My question, and if anyone who has already picked up their SC can please check, is if there seem to be any mounting points where the bed rails could be mounted that wouldn't conflict with the tonneau cover? I looked around and noticed that there are two areas that appear to be removable where they could possibly be mounted on.

Thanks in advance!
The "cut outs" are definitely there, but there's ZERO chance I'm cutting a hole in the brand new bed!

·
Registered
555 Posts
The "cut outs" are definitely there, but there's ZERO chance I'm cutting a hole in the brand new bed!
After thinking about this for a while, I decided to look at the production video again and there are indeed holes under the cut outs - couple of screen grabs below. That being said, I still don't think I want to cut it!

On another note, it would have been cool if they would have made a second storage "cubby" above the wheel well, but I guess they wanted a little more rigidity than just a single strut would give.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Someone posted these before: Ford Flush Fit Tie Down Anchors | 2015+ F150 | 2017+ Super Duty | 2017+ Raptor | which is what I would put in these slots.

I have no problem cutting but as @HSC4ME said these should be removable caps. I can't imagine how badly dealers are going to butcher these holes for whatever accessory Hyundai sells for this location.
Perhaps these are the type that can be "punched-out". I'll give it a try once I find a dealer that will sell me an SC at MSRP or less and when Hyundai sells the accessory for that slot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I threw these on, got yakima locknload platform racks to put on top, but right now I'll just keep it like this. Got a hobie, couple hard cases that'll go on top if I put on the platform. Kayak is really only thing going up 90% of the time so the bars is really all I'll need most of the time anyway

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
I threw these on, got yakima locknload platform racks to put on top, but right now I'll just keep it like this. Got a hobie, couple hard cases that'll go on top if I put on the platform. Kayak is really only thing going up 90% of the time so the bars is really all I'll need most of the time anyway
Looks great. Would you be able to provide pics of the rack with tonneau open? Did the Towers mount behind the tonneau rails? Does the cover roll okay?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks great. Would you be able to provide pics of the rack with tonneau open? Did the Towers mount behind the tonneau rails? Does the cover roll okay?
I'll post a pic/vid when sun comes back out but yes all good. I adjusted the cover anyways. It was a bit crooked from factory, haha maybe 1/4 of an inch. I loosened the rails to level it all out with the bottom of the feet also, so slides just fine. Full open and close. Little trimming needed on front feet but honestly I might just move it back to match the aft.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
260 Posts
That's got me thinking about how I want to mount a bike rack. I should be able to mount a single cross bar across the front of the bed, above the tonneau cover box, using the T-slots. Install a couple of fork mounts on it, and bikes should fit nicely in the bed, with the tailgate closed. I'd be able to leave the crossbar in place, as it wouldn't get in the way of anything else.

Off to do some research...

Just did some research, and I've found some items that might just work as I'd like them to.

Rhino Rack (and Yakima and Thule) makes a rack that mounts in the T-slots. Most of the solutions I was able to find come with 4 towers, but on their Amazon store, they sell them in pairs. I can also pick up a crossbar from their Amazon store, and pay just over $200. It should work the way I want it to. I had to do some deep research to find images of how they mount, but I think I'll go ahead and order a pair of towers and a crossbar. Since it'll sit right behind the rear window, it shouldn't affect aerodynamics at all.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,313 Posts
I've been waiting to see if somebody would get a set of racks in those T-slots. Great to see that they work!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts