Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With the new build configurator finally up, I stumbled on the following accessory:

Bed Rails - $395

My question, and if anyone who has already picked up their SC can please check, is if there seem to be any mounting points where the bed rails could be mounted that wouldn't conflict with the tonneau cover? I looked around and noticed that there are two areas that appear to be removable where they could possibly be mounted on.
Product Azure Font Material property Technology
Plant Car Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle

Thanks in advance!

Product Azure Font Material property Technology Plant Car Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (Limited in the US)
772 Posts
Yeah, it would be SUPER useful if they had a photo of the mythical product. The design of them could look good ... or terrible.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Guessing the bed rails are the inside the bed rails that come with the activity package and have the moveable cleats. But Car and Driver did have an article about the T-Slots and confirmed that's what they are.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guessing the bed rails are the inside the bed rails that come with the activity package and have the moveable cleats. But Car and Driver did have an article about the T-Slots and confirmed that's what they are.
Gotcha, that makes sense. Thought it was separate when I saw the cross rails item. Will be interesting to see how they are mounted so I can put my mountain bikes and cargo box on it.

"Cross rails - Attach them to your bed rails, positioning them where you wish along the length of your open bed. Perfect for mounting accessories such as lights, mountain bikes or tents above the bed."

·
Registered
289 Posts
With the new build configurator finally up, I stumbled on the following accessory:

Bed Rails - $395

My question, and if anyone who has already picked up their SC can please check, is if there seem to be any mounting points where the bed rails could be mounted that wouldn't conflict with the tonneau cover? I looked around and noticed that there are two areas that appear to be removable where they could possibly be mounted on.

Thanks in advance!
The "cut outs" are definitely there, but there's ZERO chance I'm cutting a hole in the brand new bed!

·
Registered
289 Posts
The "cut outs" are definitely there, but there's ZERO chance I'm cutting a hole in the brand new bed!
After thinking about this for a while, I decided to look at the production video again and there are indeed holes under the cut outs - couple of screen grabs below. That being said, I still don't think I want to cut it!

On another note, it would have been cool if they would have made a second storage "cubby" above the wheel well, but I guess they wanted a little more rigidity than just a single strut would give.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Good to know there are rectangular holes on the bed top edge at those cutout locations. It would have been nice if they were pre-cut with removable plug caps. :rolleyes:
That would have been ideal - really don't want to start elective surgery on the new baby!

·
Registered
793 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Someone posted these before: Ford Flush Fit Tie Down Anchors | 2015+ F150 | 2017+ Super Duty | 2017+ Raptor | which is what I would put in these slots.

I have no problem cutting but as @HSC4ME said these should be removable caps. I can't imagine how badly dealers are going to butcher these holes for whatever accessory Hyundai sells for this location.
Perhaps these are the type that can be "punched-out". I'll give it a try once I find a dealer that will sell me an SC at MSRP or less and when Hyundai sells the accessory for that slot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts