Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to everyone for the past few weeks as I've been out test driving Santa Cruz's and asking questions on the boards. Took delivery of my Black SEL Premium yesterday. I live in Northern Virginia where every dealer was peddling $3-5k markups on them. Found a dealer in southern Maryland that had this one just come in and willing to sell it at MSRP + the "mandatory" Maryland processing fee of $500 (at least it's cheaper than Virginia's $799-$899). If I'm allowed to post the name of the dealership and salesman, I'll post it in a reply later on.

Anyway, here are a few pics. There are a few small issues that will need to be taken care of:

1. A very small dent in the passenger door pillar that is barely noticeable but they said they will definitely fix it.
2. It pulls badly to the right. The dealer doesn't have the codes yet in their alignment system, but said they will contact Hyundai on Tuesday and as soon as they get the codes, they will do an alignment on it.
3. Slight vibrations in the tires. Again, they said no problem and will check the balance of all four tires when they do the alignment.
4. Driver's side door needs to be pulled hard to close. Looks like the strike plate needs to be adjusted.
5. The bodyside molding on the driver's side passenger door was pulled out, but we kicked it back in and it seems to be locked back in place. Dealer said if it comes loose again, they'll fix it.

It's quite a bit of small things for a new car, but nothing glaring like missing bolts or mis-aligned panels, etc. We went through it with a fine tooth comb to check for those kind of things. Best of all, the dealer said that they'll come pick up the SC and bring it to the dealership, fix everything, and then deliver back to me. Now how's that for service??!!

I'm sure there will be more suprises to come, but loving it so far!! Here's some pics. Can't wait to get to know my SC more!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in NoVa and got mine sticker price in Safford Hyundai in Springfield.
You know I must admit, Safford was willing to do sticker as well, but they sold out of their initial inventory and said they didn't have anything coming in anytime in the near future. It's really the Koons and Browns dealers here in the area that are just ridiculously jacking up every single model of their Hyundais and Kias. Maryland dealers in general have been much more willing to stick to sticker and their processing fees are lower too.

I'm going to give a shout out to Sheehy Hyundai in Waldorf MD. Great sales team and the buying process was really smooth.

The only thing I really wanted on my SC was the Bed Extender but alas mine didn't have it. It did come with the cargo mat which I think is handy to help keep the composite bed from getting scratched because I'm not so sure how durable the bed is going to be.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Winchester - got mine for sticker and they "only" had a $499 processing fee (e.g., more dealer profit!). Glad you got it and like it! Enjoy!

I love mine

·
Registered
38 Posts
You guys gotta stop paying sticker or above. Napleton hyundai in Aurora illinois went 2k below sticker on my limited. Even at that price they’re making a lot of money on it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
You guys gotta stop paying sticker or above. Napleton hyundai in Aurora illinois went 2k below sticker on my limited. Even at that price they’re making a lot of money on it.
With 74 dealerships all over the country, they should definitely qualify as a "volume dealer."

·
Registered
306 Posts
Offer $2K less than they might have for trade in, give $2K discount on MSRP for new vehicle, voila. Can do similar tricks with financing. Dealers are really good at the shell game!
18% interest but I paid $2k below sticker 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Offer $2K less than they might have for trade in, give $2K discount on MSRP for new vehicle, voila. Can do similar tricks with financing. Dealers are really good at the shell game!
Ding Ding Ding! He didn't say if he had a trade or not. If he did, I'm almost certain that's how they worked the deal. Look, if the guy truly scored a $2k discount, score for that guy! He found that Unicorn dealer that must have been looking for an end of the month sale to make numbers or something. He probably also had to spend hours wheeling and dealing with them to break them down on that price. The sheer though of just walking in and saying I want to buy that Santa Cruz right there, and the dealer going, sure, I'll sell it to you for $2k off right now, just seems impossible. I would like if he could share his full story of how things went down during the purchase process and how he got to a $2k discount.

·
Registered
509 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts