Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well looky what's in my inbox today (I'm in northern California). I'm not ready to buy yet, but it's nice to see Hyundai finally following up in some meaningful way with those who put down a deposit.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Awesome, so this means you can search the local inventory and reserve one. I'd check with "your" dealer as inbound units might not appear in the search.

·
Registered
2006 Frontier
56 Posts
I got one too today ( Henderson, Nevada) ....looks like they're hoping to sell something out here in the western territory...nothing match'd my "reservation number" in a dealer close by ( closest dealer with a SC close to my requirements was 200+ miles away ( ...in Calif.) ...they gotta keep building (more SCs) and shipping (to the western states)

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
437 Posts
Got my email today also. I was surprised to see the inventory after I inputted my transaction ID.. There are a couple of possibilities on the list. Thank you, Hyundai.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Same... got a new email which has a link to check inventory for local dealers along with your reservation transaction number and then reserve a SC.

"We are excited to announce the first-ever 2022 Hyundai SANTA CRUZ is arriving at dealerships.
Now the fun begins. If you have already been working with a dealer to confirm your selection, then you're all set! If you haven't begun the process, it's time to find the SANTA CRUZ of your choice. Simply click the link below and provide your email address and the transaction ID from your deposit confirmation email.

Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You’ll be able to view matches based on your previous configuration or change your selection criteria for new results. Once you select a 2022 SANTA CRUZ, we’ll connect you to the dealership to finalize your vehicle purchase or to have them help you locate a similar vehicle if an exact match doesn't appear.

[Get started]

Since I'm already with a dealer, I am good to go... but it is useful to see inventory by clicking on the link. It is interesting that my dealer is not showing and "my" SC is not listed either.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes, I got this also. Only confusing thing is it appears that for the Limited, dark gray with orange accents leather interior is available for all color choices. This goes against ever other communication that said only White, Black and Sage Gray came with the dark gray with orange accents while the Blue, Gray and Sand came with black leather interior. Now to change my choice puts me further back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I called 3 dealers close with similar builds.
1st asking $10,000 dealer markup. I said I had a reservation. She said that’s what they’re going for.
2nd and 3rd said the same thing. I’m going to wait for more inventory and never call those three.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I called 3 dealers close with similar builds.
1st asking $10,000 dealer markup. I said I had a reservation. She said that’s what they’re going for.
2nd and 3rd said the same thing. I’m going to wait for more inventory and never call those three.
Please post thier names.. they should be called out.. since you won't be calling them. Well done.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
seems CA has some outrageous markup
a few months ago when I was looking at Tacoma prices, in TX they were sold at MSRP or with a few hundred dollars off
while I heard horror stories about most of the Tacomas in CA are marked up $10k

·
Registered
15 Posts
The three were Anaheim 14k over, Hemet 10k, and El Monte est $10k over. First two had stock but last one said they hadn’t received theirs but expected to be similar to Palisade’s pricing $40-50k. All in California. Is there a list of dealers NOT marking up extreme?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I also received the email today. Followed the instructions and they found a SC with the pkg and color I chose (first two combos were NA anywhere. They confirmed it with the dealership who reached out to me within 30 minutes. Pretty awesome, right? Well, no…because that dealership has no SC in stock and they don’t take reservations. Once again, Hyundai and the dealerships are not on the same page.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I think this is a step in the right direction, but still missing the mark. I have a feeling they waited so that the cars would be at or arriving soon at the dealerships, but they should have been a little earlier so that customers that had gone direct to the dealer could already have a deposit on what you see. They also instead of having all dealers automatically participate in this, dealers should have had to sign up to participate, agreeing to sell at MSRP.

Making progress, but still more kinks to work out.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
437 Posts
In this day of high profits and low inventory, it seems like some Hyundai dealers think it is a burden to sell vehicles, and deal with consumers. Here's hoping some of the bad ones get weeded out during the next downturn.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Received the same notification. When I put in my tracking number the result was that there were no vehicles fitting the specifications of the vehicle I ordered. Fortunately (using comments from the forum members regarding their experiences and anticipated "price adjustments" by dealers, and seeing what was happening with vehicle distribution(EXCEL spreadsheet), I called numerous dealers until I found one in my geographic area selling at MSRP (Ice White with gray/orange and additional lifetime powertrain warranty at no cost). Should take delivery on August 26.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts