Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
left the resonator in place, removed both bulky mufflers, and added a 6000 series Spintech muffler with a dual tip. Sounds great! I took some audio clips but they sound like crap on my phone, plus not 100% sure how to add them on here. 🤷‍♂️
Sky Shade Asphalt Road surface Gas

Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Sky Shade Asphalt Road surface City

Tire Vehicle registration plate Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
2022 Sants Cruz 2.5L Turbo custom exhaust
6 Posts
Like what you have done. I too wanted something different. I cut rear muffler off with sawall and welded a magna flow y pipe to original OEM front muffler and ran duels from the axle back and added 14" glass packs along the rear frame with Dodge Challenger chrome tips. Glass packs lessened the drone considerably.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like what you have done. I too wanted something different. I cut rear muffler off with sawall and welded a magna flow y pipe to original OEM front muffler and ran duels from the axle back and added 14" glass packs along the rear frame with Dodge Challenger chrome tips. Glass packs lessened the drone considerably. View attachment 13766
Crazy man. If it sounds good then that’s all that matters.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your rear hanger should have a 90 bend or some different configuration IMHO as the force distribution seems visually (as well as mechanically) awkward.

(referring to OP)
I think I understand what you’re saying. I’m not an exhaust professional other than picking out my ideal muffler and the tips. I told them what I was aiming for on pipe size and why and I let the shop do the rest.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your rear hanger should have a 90 bend or some different configuration IMHO as the force distribution seems visually (as well as mechanically) awkward.

(referring to OP)
Also, if you look at the 4th pic specifically you will see a second hanger that goes directly vertical so I’m not just relying on one hanger.

·
Registered
2022 Sants Cruz 2.5L Turbo custom exhaust
6 Posts
Jwkovach: Wouldn't worry about it. You actually would have to crawl underneath to see it anyway. As long as you are happy that is all that matters. I tried to stay with the original hangers on mine as much as possible, just because I didn't want extra holes in the frame. It looks like your muffler guy stayed with original frame hanger as well. I moved mine outboard a little more to hang directly under the frame as best I could. The problem with doing your own is you find fault with a lot. I ended up bending 3 pipes on the right side to make it fit right. If you want to fix that one hanger it is an easy do. Purchase the hanger from Amazon and just use that top rubber piece. You can drill 1 hole in the frame above the exhaust on the inboard side and bend the current hanger in to fit inside the rubber mount. Do you have a sound video?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jwkovach: Wouldn't worry about it. You actually would have to crawl underneath to see it anyway. As long as you are happy that is all that matters. I tried to stay with the original hangers on mine as much as possible, just because I didn't want extra holes in the frame. It looks like your muffler guy stayed with original frame hanger as well. I moved mine outboard a little more to hang directly under the frame as best I could. The problem with doing your own is you find fault with a lot. I ended up bending 3 pipes on the right side to make it fit right. If you want to fix that one hanger it is an easy do. Purchase the hanger from Amazon and just use that top rubber piece. You can drill 1 hole in the frame above the exhaust on the inboard side and bend the current hanger in to fit inside the rubber mount. Do you have a sound video?
I do have sound clips, but I guess I need to upload them on YouTube then post?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts