Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had three pickups :’80 F100, “84 Mazda and ‘95 Ranger. Liked them all, but especially the nimble, light Mazda. When the Gen2 Ridgeline came out I was all het up until the test drive. It just felt too sedate and boring. Comfortable, but that’s not the top priority for me. I like the Tundra even though it’s way more truck than I need and I’d have to tear out garage shelving to fit. I’m 9 months from saving enough cash to buy one.

But then I discovered the Cruz. $15-20K less than the Toyota and similar dimensions to my current ‘16 RDX +10”” length. The extra 60 lbs of torque are a welcome bonus. The limited rear seat space is the only negative, but as 95% of the time It’s just me I can live with that. The bed features, locking diff and unique looks put this little ute at the top off my list. And leaving a hefty balance in the savings account is sweet. Can’t wait for the full specs and build page.

·
Registered
"I want my SAV!"
141 Posts
Welcome to the pricing silence... :ROFLMAO: If they build it they will come, but it has to be priced!

·
Registered
2020 Chevy Equinox LT AWD 1.5T, 2012 Dodge Journey CVP, 1997 GMC C1500 5.0L 2WD
23 Posts
Welcome to the pricing silence... :ROFLMAO: If they build it they will come, but it has to be priced!
Yeah, I'm really not liking how silent Hyundai is on the pricing. It's really the only thing holding me back from putting a deposit down. While I'm not as keen on the looks of the Maverick ... or that AWD isn't available with the Hybrid engine (big oversight for the Canadian market, which Hyundai nailed by not offering the FWD SC at all) ... the advantage is I have a local Ford dealership, I have to go about 80 miles to the nearest Hyundai dealer. Certainly makes servicing easier when I can walk a block and a half from work to the Ford dealer if I went with a Mav ... even if I'm not super keen on the look vs. the SC. I don't care of the SC is priced higher - as long as it's reasonable. I'm hoping they keep it similar to the Tucson.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts