Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hyundai's new Vision G coupe concept should give us an idea of what we can expect from the brand in the future.

“The design is our interpretation of the idea that Hyundai breathes into all of its vehicles – a DNA that balances design and performance with the idea that you don’t need to be over the top in terms of glitz and stereotypical luxury cues,” said Peter Schreyer, Hyundai’s president and chief design officer, in a press release.

The concept is mostly a preview of what a halo car could look like for Hyundai. This sports car styled concept has a beautiful interior with quilted seats and few buttons to be found. The outside is simple, yet alluring with a high beltline and some interesting shapes at the rear.

Hyundai Previews Future of Design with Vision G Coupe Concept

·
Registered
113 Posts
Is the production of the Santa Crux confirmed? I know it will most likely be a very long while until we see the actual product in dealerships if it is approved.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Santa Cruz is all but approved. It has to go through the Hyundai HQ in S. Korea.

I think it is telling that this concept looks very similar to the Santa Cruz concept.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Being a project focused around a coupe, only thing I can see us getting from it is the massive grille and even the bold headlights, much like what the SC concept already has.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I was talking mostly about how the two concepts already share a lot in terms of design. You can see where Hyundai is taking their design language. It looks great.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Being a project focused around a coupe, only thing I can see us getting from it is the massive grille and even the bold headlights, much like what the SC concept already has.
Hopefully we'll see the interior in their future designs as it's sleek, luxurious and overall very nice.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a pretty high end interior though. I don't even think some of Hyundai's nicer models will be getting something that fancy. We might get watered down versions in future vehicles. For example, i don't thinking quilted leather seats are going to happen. The idea of the all touch screen controls may have a big influence, but I still think that people like to have buttons for the controls that are used most often.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Maybe swap out the quilted leather for plain leather but I do hope they keep the touch screen with minimal buttons. I may be biased as I'm a fan of Tesla's model S touch screen console.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe swap out the quilted leather for plain leather but I do hope they keep the touch screen with minimal buttons. I may be biased as I'm a fan of Tesla's model S touch screen console.
It's possible, but I don't think that it will be to quite the degree that we see here. Since a concept is supposed to be a bit more exaggerated than the production form, I think this is a fairly good sign for what is to come, but don't expect the exact thing we see here.

·
Registered
728 Posts
If you can imagine this concept toned down quite a lot then you'd likely have a good image of what to expect with a production model. The general layout of things on the interior and overall framework for design should be noticed in what you can sign off on.

·
Registered
113 Posts
It would be nice if the general dash layout is kept as is or as close to concept as possible. One can only hope.

·
Registered
728 Posts
That looks sharp, looks like something that can sit next to the Mercedes S-Class and not look entirely out of place, especially from the rear.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Great look for the interior but being a concept we won't get a good portion of what is seen there unfortunately, we'll have to keep on waiting for a real representation of what we'll get.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Nothing happened in relation to Hyundai, nothing significant or relevant to this discussion. We'll have to keep on waiting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts