Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 SC Limited Hampton Grey
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm probably going to be calling Hyundai later today but thought I would check here first.

I had some problems with Carplay right from the drive home. It restarted on me twice on 40 min ride home from the dealer. I chaulked it up to too much fiddling plus it came back on right away. Plus I was connecting via my cplay2air adapter from my old Honda that I have been using daily for the last year and a half and thought maybe it was not going to work as smooth in this car.

Yesterday was much smoother but only short rides.

Today I ran an error and I got a couple restarts. Then halfway on the way home it cut out and failed to restart.

Got home tested with a regular lightning cable, not working , not charging. Tried other usb devices and they do not seem to be getting power from the media usb port.

Possibly burnt out? Is there a way to force restart the infotainment?

·
Registered
2022 SC Limited Hampton Grey
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate they have a dedicated button release button for this instead of a secret button combination you have to remember. However on my Honda at least with it being a secret button press it was reasonably possible to do this in motion if the infotainment freaked out during a drive. With a pin reset I would wait until I can pull over.

In any case I started the car again and hour later. This time when I started the car up I got the initial splash screen so it did a fresh boot and it was back to working again.

I will have to run it a couple days wired in and then do a couple days using my aftermarket wifi adapter and see if its a general problem or the adapter doesnt work well with this infotainment. In that event I may chance trying one of the newer gen ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.