Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wife and I traded in our 2005 Chevy Silverado and 2005 Baja for a SEL Premium.

Taken it on a short drive over the weekend, and it's absolutely amazing. The one feature we turned off nearly instantly was the lane assist, as it seemed just too new for us to get used to. Having such older cars, it's going to take us a bit to get used to all the new features that are in this car!

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (Limited in the US)
772 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats! I hear you about LKA. The Equinox we bought a year ago this coming Thursday was my first vehicle with it. It was novel at first, but mostly I find it annoying and that I'm fighting with it more than it's actually helping me. I wish it defaulted to off, so I could just turn it on if/when I want it. The value in it is more in multi-lane highway driving/Interstate driving than two-lane 'country' roads. (AKA the Trans-Canada Highway in my neck of the literal woods.)

I'm just stoked that the Santa Cruz doesn't "feature" auto stop-start. That made me SO happy!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy your new ride!

I sold my 2017 Silverado crew cab because I no longer need a full sized truck and the used vehicle market is so good. Purchased a Santa Cruz Limited. I’m not missing the Chevy at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll only miss it when i want to haul a half yard of mulch / dirt to the yard. That's really it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congrats!!! What color did you get?

As someone who just finished a long road trip (700+ miles one way), I think I figured out the best use of LKA and LFA.

I also have the SEL Premium, so I don't have adaptive cruise control or highway drive assist. That said, my original understanding was:

• Think of putting the bumpers up when bowling. Lane Keep Assist - alerts you when you hit the edge of a lane and tries to "bump" you back into the lane. The LKA is the vertical lines on the button on the steering wheel.
  • Lane follow Assist - theoretically keeps the bowling ball int he middle of the alley, so no need for bumpers. In the right conditions, lane follow assist literally turns for me and I don't have to have my hands on the steering wheel. I know this is not its intended function or advised (and nor am I doing it, just testing it out). The LFA is the steering wheel in between the two vertical lines.

I was originally using LKA and LFA at the same time on the highway - I don't think that's the best solution. When I did this, the steering wheel felt like it was also jittering right/left. Instead, when I turned off LKA, and only turned on LFA - it was significantly smoother and more intuitive. I ended up really appreciating it.

Also coming from someone who drove a car for 13 years beforehand which didn't even have bluetooth, let alone any new safety tech/features.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (Limited in the US)
772 Posts
Heated steering is standard on even the base model in Canada. But that's a fairly common difference in cars between the two countries.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome!

I’ve got a blue limited as well. I paid a little over list too, but in this area you’d be hard pressed to fine any new vehicle that’s not.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That will probably be one of the first things that comes to the 2023 SC because of all the complaints.
Well they had to save something to add for the upcoming model years.. I also could foresee future SEL Premiums getting things like Adaptive Cruise while adding memory seats to Limiteds.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts