Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. Long time toyota tundra owner here. I had been following the Santa Cruz since the show truck first appeared and just happened to be passing my closest Hyundai dealer as their first Santa Cruz was coming off the truck. A test drive later and I took a very good offer on my tundra.
Have an ultimate, sage grey with color package on order with a build date of March 2022, I was getting tired of the yearly, expensive mechanical breakdowns on my tundra and have been impressed with the better-halfs 2017 Tuscon. A test drive convinced me, very quiet, exceptional ride quality, cooled seats, nice interior. Compares very well with my brothers Honda Ridgeline.
Plan to use the Cruz to haul sleds and atvs and whatever I can fit in the bed.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hey folks. Long time toyota tundra owner here. I had been following the Santa Cruz since the show truck first appeared and just happened to be passing my closest Hyundai dealer as their first Santa Cruz was coming off the truck. A test drive later and I took a very good offer on my tundra.
Have an ultimate, sage grey with color package on order with a build date of March 2022, I was getting tired of the yearly, expensive mechanical breakdowns on my tundra and have been impressed with the better-halfs 2017 Tuscon. A test drive convinced me, very quiet, exceptional ride quality, cooled seats, nice interior. Compares very well with my brothers Honda Ridgeline.
Plan to use the Cruz to haul sleds and atvs and whatever I can fit in the bed.
Welcome to the club. Nice to have another Canadian Sage Grey Ultimate member!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, 3 per dealer, one of each trim with one held back for a demo. 5 hyundai dealers on the island so 15 total. Their scarce for sure. Have seen a mojave sand few times and caught a glimpse of a sage grey on the TCH once.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
371 Posts
One of my co-workerss is from the Rock, a died in the wool Ram Fan, My SC is parked out side his window I often catch him looking at it - I ask him if hes thinking of changing sides - he says " nah I think yours'll make make winter ballast for my bed"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Funny guy. I considered a Ram but I didn't want to walk everywhere. Their upper range trucks are nice, TRXs and Rebels but a 100 grand for a truck is ludicrous money. I will miss the 5.7 tundra V8 though. But not at the gas pump.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
371 Posts
Funny guy. I considered a Ram but I didn't want to walk everywhere. Their upper range trucks are nice, TRXs and Rebels but a 100 grand for a truck is ludicrous money. I will miss the 5.7 tundra V8 though. But not at the gas pump.
His is a scat Pack (Scat is that not bear poop?) you should like the fuel returns on the SC, and it has pep - maybe not 5.7 V8 pep, but it seldom squeals the tires

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
5.7 couldn't chirp the tires either. Putting the pedal to the floor and watching the fuel economy reading peg at 99L/100km (the display only had 2 digits) was a sure way to freak out a passenger. Now I just want a quiet, comfortable ride with all the self-driving nannies, AWD and a bed. Nice avatar. The first few seasons were great tv.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
371 Posts
5.7 couldn't chirp the tires either. Putting the pedal to the floor and watching the fuel economy reading peg at 99L/100km (the display only had 2 digits) was a sure way to freak out a passenger. Now I just want a quiet, comfortable ride with all the self-driving nannies, AWD and a bed. Nice avatar. The first few seasons were great tv.
I think the bed will be too short for your toys, unless you have a trailer.
The seasons with Ragnar, Floki Rollo were the best the middle seasons dragged too much- and the final episode with the way Ivor bowed out were wimpy - but Floki came back!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Should have said tow instead of haul. Lockable storage has a big appeal. The show creators should do a series on Harold Hardrada. The last viking and an all around badass from Norway to Russia to Constantinople. Season 1 and the prequel season of Spartacus were also enertaining in the same vein.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts