Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
White Limited AWD
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I test drove a white SEL Premium AWD this morning in the Tampa area. Really enjoyed the turbo engine and design of the Santa Cruz. I think I would prefer to find a white Limited AWD though, does anyone know of any in Florida?

Dealer I test drove didn't even know what the Santa Cruz was. "Do you mean the Santa Fe? We don't sell anything called the Santa Cruz".....I had to point to the two out front :D

They were marking the vehicle up $5k and a $3k "protection plan".....but regardless I at least got a good feel for how it looks and drives and I was very impressed. Would love to find a white Limited!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Dealer I test drove didn't even know what the Santa Cruz was. "Do you mean the Santa Fe? We don't sell anything called the Santa Cruz".....I had to point to the two out front :D
Sounds like (not one but) TWO dealership employees I have spoken with.
All I could do was shake my head. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Curious what your thoughts are with regard to:
  • Ride quality (comfy, sporty, bumpy)
  • Interior cabin noise (quiet, loud, average)
  • Rear visibility (Blind spots)
  • Etc.

Just wondering. Helps calm my nerves. 😁
(This uncertainty IS killing me)

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
.....I had to point to the two out front :D
THIS is what is wrong with dealerships almost everywhere. The people working there are rarely "car" people ... just meeting quotas and collecting cheques. Sad that so many really don't pay any attention to their own companies and the products they're going to end up selling!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi everyone! I test drove a white SEL Premium AWD this morning in the Tampa area. Really enjoyed the turbo engine and design of the Santa Cruz. I think I would prefer to find a white Limited AWD though, does anyone know of any in Florida?

They were marking the vehicle up $5k and a $3k "protection plan".....but regardless I at least got a good feel for how it looks and drives and I was very impressed. Would love to find a white Limited!
Looking forward to a white Limitied AWD test drive myself. Which dealership did you get to test drive it at? Thinking of doing that myself. Thanks.

·
Registered
White Limited AWD
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
  • Etc.

To be honest, I wish I paid more attention during the test drive. I am coming from Lexus products and had never driven a Hyundai. I wanted to make sure it felt peppy enough, refined, etc. It's hot here in Florida so the A/C was blasting the whole drive but I will tell you that the SC felt very fast, handled turns great, and the ride quality didn't seem far off from what I'm used to with my Lexus (2020 ES 350).

·
Registered
White Limited AWD
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sad, but far too true.
Oh yeah. Typical car sales experience there today. They kept "If we can.....would you be willing to make a deal?" I had to repeat that I only wanted to test drive it. It was not the trim I wanted, and no, adding leather for $1500 is not the same as stepping up to a Limited LOL.

·
Registered
White Limited AWD
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looking forward to a white Limitied AWD test drive myself. Which dealership did you get to test drive it at? Thinking of doing that myself. Thanks.
Keep in mind this was a SEL Premium not the Limited, but it at least was white and had the turbo so I got a good feel for what a white Limited would drive like. This was at Brandon Hyundai.

·
Registered
20 Posts
  • Etc.

Just bought SEL premium today, drove it lil over 100 miles home.

Ride quality thought was surprisingly good, more SUV then truck.

Interior noise was again surprisingly quiet in normal, again more SUV. Though sport mode throatier and higher reving.

Visibility over all excellent, back up camera has decent field of view as well. Though looking back physically their is a little blind spot where rear column of cab slopes bk to bed looking bk to the right. Both side mirrors had blind spot indicators of cars to the side as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Turning radius seems pretty tight, didn't do any parallel parking, just pulling up and backing out parking.

Quite pleased so far, originally wanted limited for Bose stereo and nav, but the premium stereo is better then I expected, phone pairs up with indash display, and really liking 18 in rims better then the limited 20's which would meant less sidewall on tire.

·
Registered
510 Posts
@wowthem, thanks for taking the time to share your impressions -- a lot of us have been anxious to hear this info. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
437 Posts
Keep in mind this was a SEL Premium not the Limited, but it at least was white and had the turbo so I got a good feel for what a white Limited would drive like. This was at Brandon Hyundai.
Did the white SC have any flecks in the paint to make it look more special? Or is it a plain white color?

·
Registered
124 Posts
To be honest, I wish I paid more attention during the test drive. I am coming from Lexus products and had never driven a Hyundai. I wanted to make sure it felt peppy enough, refined, etc. It's hot here in Florida so the A/C was blasting the whole drive but I will tell you that the SC felt very fast, handled turns great, and the ride quality didn't seem far off from what I'm used to with my Lexus (2020 ES 350).
Is your ES350 an F-Sport or non sport trim? If it's a non-sport, that SC ride must be cloud like. Still impressive to be considered Lexus like at all though.

·
Registered
White Limited AWD
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did the white SC have any flecks in the paint to make it look more special? Or is it a plain white color?
plain white. No pearl or metallic to it.
Is your ES350 an F-Sport or non sport trim? If it's a non-sport, that SC ride must be cloud like. Still impressive to be considered Lexus like at all though.
non sport. It’s the luxury trim.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts