Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been driving full sized pickups for more than 40 years. The Santa Cruz is the El Camino reimagined and that’s a good thing!

I haven’t really needed a full sized pickup for at least 20 years, but I kept buying them because that’s what I felt comfortable with.

Been following online developments, reviews, and videos. The honest reviews are very positive. The truckheads all have to keep saying that it’s not a truck. Who cares! This vehicle is designed for people that want something other than a shrunken F-150.

I decided to check out and test drive a Santa Cruz SEL on Thursday. Sold my 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 crew cab on Friday. Purchased a Santa Cruz Limited (blue stone) on Saturday. I am one happy 71 year old!

This thing is comfortable, loaded with safety features not found in most pickups , and capable of hauling most anything that I need. Nuff said!

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Premium - Phantom Black
43 Posts
Congrats! Hopefully picking mine up tonight.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Welcome aboard, @Old Dan. Looking forward to hearing more from you as you settle into your Santa Cruz -- both unexpected pleasures and uh-ohs.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve been driving full sized pickups for more than 40 years. The Santa Cruz is the El Camino reimagined and that’s a good thing!

I haven’t really needed a full sized pickup for at least 20 years, but I kept buying them because that’s what I felt comfortable with.

Been following online developments, reviews, and videos. The honest reviews are very positive. The truckheads all have to keep saying that it’s not a truck. Who cares! This vehicle is designed for people that want something other than a shrunken F-150.

I decided to check out and test drive a Santa Cruz SEL on Thursday. Sold my 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 crew cab on Friday. Purchased a Santa Cruz Limited (blue stone) on Saturday. I am one happy 71 year old!

This thing is comfortable, loaded with safety features not found in most pickups , and capable of hauling most anything that I need. Nuff said!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a Blue Stone Limited on order.
The pics above do not make the wait any easier. Haha.

Looking forward to any observations you may have in the days to come.
(Visibility, Interior noise, Engine, Driver seat, etc. etc. etc.)

Sincerely,
A Jealous Soul😁👍

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let’s see.
Visibility - really good out the windshield and side glass. The flat dashboard is great, doesn’t interfere. The rear window is not very tall so the rear view is adequate but not great.
Interior noise - very quiet, little wind noise.
Engine - seems plenty strong. Haven’t put any kind of weight in it yet.
Driver seat - very comfortable, very adjustable, lots of leg room, tons of head room.
Infotainment - that’s going to take me a little time.
Tonneau cover - I think will be a great feature.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,131 Posts
I picked mine up yesterday. I was approached by 5 different people in parking lots yesterday asking what it is and such.
Congrats on the new wheels!! I don't think my wife is ready for those kinds of inquiries when we get ours (hopefully) next month. She doesn't quite understand how 'car people' are like that. :D

Reactions: Chuck

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, so I’ve had my SC for a week now.
So far I’ve tossed my fishing rods and tackle box in the bed; taken gas cans to fill for my mower; hauled off a bunch of recycling; gone to the feed store for animal food; gotten some lumber at Lowe’s; put the dog crate in the backseat to take the dog to the vet. All things I normally would do with my full sized truck, but things that I can do just fine in the SC!
Don’t think I’m going to miss that full sized truck.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Let’s see.
Visibility - really good out the windshield and side glass. The flat dashboard is great, doesn’t interfere. The rear window is not very tall so the rear view is adequate but not great.
Interior noise - very quiet, little wind noise.
Engine - seems plenty strong. Haven’t put any kind of weight in it yet.
Driver seat - very comfortable, very adjustable, lots of leg room, tons of head room.
Infotainment - that’s going to take me a little time.
Tonneau cover - I think will be a great feature.
Congrats! Do you like the feature of the video of your blind spot when you turn on the signal?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts