Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm new to the site and old to the world.
I've been driving pickups since I was 16......47 years ago.
65;C-10, 1987;Ranger, 1994;Ranger, 2007;Tacoma and I've been following the potential for a new "small" pickup since I heard about the Santa Cruz a few years ago.

I was interested in the small Santa Fe with a bed, I saw a lot of pics w/ 2 doors and now it looks like they may come in 4 doors only.
If that's the case, then I'm out. I DO NOT want, need, nor will buy a 4-door pickup. No offense, but I don't need to carry more than two people.

I'm interested in seeing how the actual production vehicles will look.
I can live with a short bed, but not 4-doors.
If the Santa Cruz comes w/4 I guess I will start looking hard at a new Ranger or I will take on a Smyth pickup conversion using a Jetta as a donor vehicle.

Looking forward to the site all!
Denis

·
Registered
2007 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bobby7,
I'm looking for an extended cab, six foot bed (or longer) compact truck.
I was a fan of Ranger's, Taco's and any other compact, but I don't need or want 4-doors.
It is a waste of space and money for me (no kids and don't want to chauffeur others).
My interest is that when the Santa Cruz was announced years ago it was just what I wanted.
Apparently Hyundai is going with a 4-door with a short bed......not interested.

I can wait for an updated Ranger, Bronco...I know, not a pickup.
I am a BIG fan of Tacoma's, but they have really lost their edge and the 2017 has been deemed one of the worst trucks ever.

Build a compact truck.....and they will come!!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bobby7,
I'm looking for an extended cab, six foot bed (or longer) compact truck.
I was a fan of Ranger's, Taco's and any other compact, but I don't need or want 4-doors.
It is a waste of space and money for me (no kids and don't want to chauffeur others).
My interest is that when the Santa Cruz was announced years ago it was just what I wanted.
Apparently Hyundai is going with a 4-door with a short bed......not interested.

I can wait for an updated Ranger, Bronco...I know, not a pickup.
I am a BIG fan of Tacoma's, but they have really lost their edge and the 2017 has been deemed one of the worst trucks ever.

Build a compact truck.....and they will come!!!!!
That's definitely fair, it does seem like the Santa Cruz pickup will be a 4-door but you never know there could be a 2-door. I'm surprised the quality of Tacoma's have dropped over the years because I always thought they were one of the better trucks you could get.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts