Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After buying the wife, a 2020 Palisade a little over a year ago, and being quite impressed and thoroughly satisfied with 30K trouble free miles so far, I have been following Hyundai/Kia/Genesis much more.
When I first saw the Santa Cruz concept years ago, I was enamored to say the least. While the production version doesn't look quite as good to my eye, it is much more practical in today's World. Having driven a 2dr/4dr car all my life, the SC could very likely end up being my first truck. (Kind of 馃槀)
Eventually anyway, not in a hurry in today's market, and kind of hoping to wait until the first year of a new model glitches get worked out. Especially that new engine/dct.

Registered
Welcome aboard, @FFEMT6! What part of the country do you hail from?

Your decription could well fit many of us on here. I've been enamored with this trucklet-style since I first saw a Subaru Baja.

Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
30k in 1 year, you sir drive a lot.
I'm still on the fence about Palisade/Telluride because it's direct injection only, but you said 30k trouble free miles that's good to know

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
30k in 1 year, you sir drive a lot.
I'm still on the fence about Palisade/Telluride because it's direct injection only, but you said 30k trouble free miles that's good to know
We looked at the Telluride first, but once I saw the high market adjustment, I started looking at other options. The first time I saw the Palisade, especially the interior I was hooked. Arguably nicer than the Telluride inside, however I do think the exterior of the Telluride has the slight edge. The Hyundai dealer was much more willing to deal also. The wife was in a 2008 Honda Odyssey Touring with 160K on it. She was very happy to shed the minivan image. The 30K miles is a result of 2 kids involved in travel sports. Lessons, practices, games, and tournaments, both local and non. We have also averaged a little below 24mpg in more City than Hwy mixed driving. I think that is phenomenal on account of the excellent interior packaging.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts