Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. The SC really has me interested. My household vehicle line up has changed over the last year or so and I find I really we need a utility hauler again. Used to have a CX-5 and a Focus ST (hatchback) so we were relatively covered if we needed to get larger items hauled around. However, the Focus became a full time race car (completely gutted) and its daily duties were replaced by a 2020 Miata (utility = 0, LOL). The CX-5 was traded in for a Kia Forte. So you can see where we're in MUCH need for something new. As much as I LOVE my Miata, I think it may have to go. I need to do more research (maybe I'll find the info here) but I'm hoping I can use the SC to tow the Focus to the track. It would also make for a a great support vehicle to haul around my tools and fuel cans instead of the back of a gutted car where everything can roll around. I know the towing capacity is 5000# (with the turbo) so this could be a possibility; albeit a close one. However, I need to check tongue weight and some other requirements to know if this is really possible or not.
Either way, the SC is an appealing vehicle and I'm curious to learn more. See you all out there!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hi All. The SC really has me interested. My household vehicle line up has changed over the last year or so and I find I really we need a utility hauler again. Used to have a CX-5 and a Focus ST (hatchback) so we were relatively covered if we needed to get larger items hauled around. However, the Focus became a full time race car (completely gutted) and its daily duties were replaced by a 2020 Miata (utility = 0, LOL). The CX-5 was traded in for a Kia Forte. So you can see where we're in MUCH need for something new. As much as I LOVE my Miata, I think it may have to go. I need to do more research (maybe I'll find the info here) but I'm hoping I can use the SC to tow the Focus to the track. It would also make for a a great support vehicle to haul around my tools and fuel cans instead of the back of a gutted car where everything can roll around. I know the towing capacity is 5000# (with the turbo) so this could be a possibility; albeit a close one. However, I need to check tongue weight and some other requirements to know if this is really possible or not.
Either way, the SC is an appealing vehicle and I'm curious to learn more. See you all out there!
Welcome!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts