Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I've had my white SE since December and really enjoying it. Never thought I would own a Hyundai, but they knocked it out of the park with this. Wanted the Maverick, but a 6-9 month wait was unacceptable. I searched the entire state of NC and a dealer 3 hours away had one incoming and took it. The deal was perfect, only a 1k markup over msrp and they delivered it for free. No negatives at this time, and still learning the features. This forum has been a great resource. I've been busy adding to the SC: tonneau cover, Auxito led headlight bulbs, center console tray, tinted windows, and made a custom platform in the rear for the dogs. Waiting for more accessories to become available.

·
Registered
Currently drive a Hyundai Santa Cruz Limited
93 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I would love to see photos of the dog platform since I have two fur buddies who love to ride.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum. I would love to see photos of the dog platform since I have two fur buddies who love to ride.
Mine is a bit heavy, but each dog is a 100# plus. A little cramped, but one for each window! One at a time is great.
The platform sits on top of the storage bin. This will also be great for hauling small tools, etc.
Blue Rectangle Wood Sleeve Beige
Light Black Car Automotive tire Asphalt

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very easy. Home Depot has it all. You'll get to find out how a full sheet of plywood fits in the bed. Hinge point sits on edge of the storage box for support. I applied urethane all around to keep away saw dust and chips.

·
Registered
SEL w/ ‘Activity Pkg’ in Sage
35 Posts
They don’t try and get up front?
I got a hammock style seat cover and a between seats mesh netting, but I still have to tether my pup or he’d be up front, lol!
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Vehicle door
Dog Carnivore Vehicle Car seat cover Comfort

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not at all. Keep in mind that they are too big for the seat (unless there was a platform) as their heads would almost touch the ceiling. When both are in back each one takes a window, and its a little cramped. But with our male only, who loves the truck, he'll sit in the middle and look between the seats or lay down. I also like the platform because if I hit the brakes to hard they can lean against the front seats for stability.

·
Registered
Currently drive a Hyundai Santa Cruz Limited
93 Posts
Since you have done all the hard work can you pass on the dimensions of each piece. Again Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
-Platform overall is 53" which leaves little to no room between speakers.
-Large piece closest to seat is 16.5" notched near the ends at the seat support to max out the platform. If you don't notch the ends I would go with 16"
-Smaller piece is 11.5 notched for the console and notched on ends 1.5" x 2" for the seat belts
-Main support is 51" x 6.75" so it's set in from the ends. Mine sits on rubber matts which gave me the 6.75" and notched for the hump.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Welcome. A friend who carefully digs into such things talked to me about how much he liked his Sonata back around 2010. We bought a Sonata GLS near the end of 2011 and drove it for ten years. I was interested in doing some cosmetic restoration. The mechanicals were all still very good. My wife encouraged me to shop for something new. We ended up with an SEL and like it very much. A Korean Hyundai (made in the USA) is no liability.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree. Not one person told me not to buy the SC. The reliability and warranties are excellent. As a very loyal Ford owner over 30 years I'm very happy not going with the Maverick. The professional tuner for my Mustang said to stay away from the new Fords with the 4 cylinders, as they have a lot of issues. 100% correct, we recently had a new motor installed into our Escape with low miles. The motors have bad castings, which lets coolant into the cylinders, creating engine failure. Our dealer replaces the motors frequently and told us its a problem, but not a recall. Ford is just dealing with it as it happens and it's been going on for a few years.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree. Not one person told me not to buy the SC. The reliability and warranties are excellent. As a very loyal Ford owner over 30 years I'm very happy not going with the Maverick. The professional tuner for my Mustang said to stay away from the new Fords with the 4 cylinders, as they have a lot of issues. 100% correct, we recently had a new motor installed into our Escape with low miles. The motors have bad castings, which lets coolant into the cylinders, creating engine failure. Our dealer replaces the motors frequently and told us its a problem, but not a recall. Ford is just dealing with it as it happens and it's been going on for a few years.
Yeah i hear ya. I had a order in for the maverick hybrid . Just crickets did not hear a thing. I finally got to see one and drive a hybrid that my dealership had and even though its a nice small truck I was not blown away or totally impressed. It made up my mind and I went and got me the santa cruz. I honestly believe i made the best decision for me. Just love the SC. I couldnt be happier.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts