Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Took home my new SEL premium yesterday!
I parked it kinda next to my buddy’s full size single cab Chevy 2500. I found the Santa Cruz to be a lot larger in person than I had imagined from videos and photos. Think more like a Ridgeline than a Baja or very close in size to my wife’s Subaru Forester . I did however trade up from a Mazda cx3 so it feels large with lots of space to me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
We all seem to want a cabin for 4 people and a bed, so there is only so small a truck can be. Newer pickups are much larger than older ones like your friends Chevy - even a 2500.

The shots from the back show how much more compact the SC is than a traditional pickup. My 10 year old Tundra looks small compared to the current crop of 1/2 tons.

Thanks for posting the comparison pics - those are the first that I have seen and provide a nice size comparison with more traditional pickups.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The current crop of half ton trucks is absurdly and unnecessarily large. Probably the last full size that made sense was the 2012 Silverado.
Very true, and it is just for show and bragging rights, since the beds aren't really any bigger, although you do need a ladder access them.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
204 Posts
The current crop of half ton trucks is absurdly and unnecessarily large. Probably the last full size that made sense was the 2012 Silverado.
So true. A normal person can't reach over the side of the bed to get something out, and the mfrs have to invent tricky steps and handles to get in the bed! I think pickups have lost a lot of their basic utility because of their mammoth size.

I just hope there's enough buyers to keep the Santa Cruz afloat.

·
Registered
272 Posts
You should try to reach in my Avalanche lol.....Also, the bed depth is 25in

1 - 6 of 6 Posts