Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Took home my new SEL premium yesterday!
I parked it kinda next to my buddy’s full size single cab Chevy 2500. I found the Santa Cruz to be a lot larger in person than I had imagined from videos and photos. Think more like a Ridgeline than a Baja or very close in size to my wife’s Subaru Forester . I did however trade up from a Mazda cx3 so it feels large with lots of space to me.

·
Registered
215 Posts
We all seem to want a cabin for 4 people and a bed, so there is only so small a truck can be. Newer pickups are much larger than older ones like your friends Chevy - even a 2500.

The shots from the back show how much more compact the SC is than a traditional pickup. My 10 year old Tundra looks small compared to the current crop of 1/2 tons.

Thanks for posting the comparison pics - those are the first that I have seen and provide a nice size comparison with more traditional pickups.

·
Registered
2022 Hampton Gray Santa Cruz
550 Posts
The current crop of half ton trucks is absurdly and unnecessarily large. Probably the last full size that made sense was the 2012 Silverado.
So true. A normal person can't reach over the side of the bed to get something out, and the mfrs have to invent tricky steps and handles to get in the bed! I think pickups have lost a lot of their basic utility because of their mammoth size.

I just hope there's enough buyers to keep the Santa Cruz afloat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.