Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But not to the Santa Cruz itself. I drooled over the concept vehicle when it came out! I absolutely loved the extendible bed (wish it would have made it). I showed the articles to my wife and told her when/if it's released I'm getting one. It's just the perfect vehicle class in my opinion. There are 3-4 times a year when I absolutely need a bed and another dozen or so times I can get by with the Santa Fe but hate having to clean out the mess left behind.

After a disastrous purchase of a Pontiac Grand Am, I wanted a vehicle with a great warranty. I found out about Hyundai and have been a fan since 2002. I bought my first Sonata that year. Then I bought a 2008 Sonata and gave the old one to our son. 2017, we bought a Santa Fe Sport. I really have loved them all. There have been only minor problems that were fixed right away.

I have found a couple of things that I don't like about the SC though. First, the "market adjustment" upcharge. I get it. If I was a dealer, I'd probably do it too. :rolleyes: The second is having to buy the $3200 (US) package in order to get the tonneau cover. I really like it so you have some security with what is in the bed. But, much of what is included in the package leaves me a bit meh. I have a sunroof on my Sonata and rarely use it. The little window in the rear window is cute, but again not too sure how much I'd use it. More than likely, when I get around to getting my own SC, I'll go with an SEL. It has Sirius/XM which I've been using since I got the 08. Can't give it up now. (y)

It's hard to think about taking on a car payment since both of ours are paid off but I really want an SC. At this point, I can only continue to dream and drool and lurk around here until next spring when hopefully, prices become more realistic.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,075 Posts
When you consider that the price tag on the parts for the tonneau on its own is over $9,000 ... the $3,200 package to get it sounds like 65% off! (ish)

Good luck in the hunt ... or with the patience to wait. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Patience is a virtue that I'm pretty short of. :ROFLMAO: However, I've waited for 6 years, hopefully, I can wait a few more months. It'll be hard since I did have the opportunity to test drive an SC and was really impressed.:love:

·
Registered
Santa Cruz - Searching...
94 Posts
When you consider that the price tag on the parts for the tonneau on its own is over $9,000 ... the $3,200 package to get it sounds like 65% off! (ish)
To me, the $3,200 feels more like a 100% markup versus 550% for the $9,000 price tag. Crazy numbers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts