·
Registered
Hampton Gray Limited AWD
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
170 Posts
I updated the Nav in our Tucson last summer. Because we have a slow internet connection, I purchased the update from Hyundai and put the SD card in and ran the install program. In our 2017 Tucson, there is an SD slot below the Nav screen.
I haven't found an SD slot in the Santa Cruz. Is there one for map updates?

·
Registered
Hampton Gray Limited AWD
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I updated the Nav in our Tucson last summer. Because we have a slow internet connection, I purchased the update from Hyundai and put the SD card in and ran the install program. In our 2017 Tucson, there is an SD slot below the Nav screen.
I haven't found an SD slot in the Santa Cruz. Is there one for map updates?
It's done via a USB drive. I can't remember the size requirement. But it's larger than 8GB but smaller than 64GB. I wanna think I remember the image size around 58GB, not sure though.

Use the left USB port.

·
Registered
Black Limited
257 Posts
Anyone done this update yet? The website sure doesn't go into detail as to what to do once you get in the truck to do the update. Youtube pretty much all show using an SD card directly into the head unit. I assume on the SC 10.25" display you plug in a USB adapter into the phone USB and then the steps are the same. But that's just my assumption.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks Nick. I think you can order a USB also with the update preinstalled. Then just plug it in and run the update. I preferred buying the SD card for the Tuc because my internet is slow. I knew the SD would have all the info so itwas easy to do the update.

·
Registered
Phantom Black Limited AWD
193 Posts
November 2021 Navigation Map and Software Update
List:
Notice | Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website
New Update: Notice | Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website

Nothing fancy. No Android Auto full-screen. :cry:

Currently working on the download to flash drive (it's slow), then I'll try the update. Will follow up in a bit on how it goes.

[Hopefully this is helpful. This is my first time seeing it and I didn't see any reference to it on forums before posting.]
Got it done.
It is 21Gb in size to download. So it takes a while to load. Need to use a completely empty flash drive. Site will reformat it to make sure.
Started the vehicle. From the Infotainment Screen > Setup > General > Update
Plugged the drive in the data port (left side).
Said it would take 25 min.
It will first downlead the update, then install 5 components.
The download and the first 2 components take the longest.
It will go through a reboot, a data restoration, then a system restart.
Then all is good.
It took 57 min. (If you happen to have an errand to run or somewhere to go for an hour without shutting off your vehicle, that might make it more convenient. Instead of running it for almost an hour in the garage, like I did.)

·
Registered
2022 SC Limited Hampton Grey
202 Posts
Got it done.
It is 21Gb in size to download. So it takes a while to load. Need to use a completely empty flash drive. Site will reformat it to make sure.
Then all is good.
It took 57 min. (If you happen to have an errand to run or somewhere to go for an hour without shutting off your vehicle, that might make it more convenient. Instead of running it for almost an hour in the garage, like I did.)
Thank you for being the guinea pig. Looks like I'm going to have to find the right time to run the update. Its disappointing this can't load over the air and that it takes so long. But at least they are offering updates.

·
Registered
Hampton Gray Limited AWD
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it done.
Then all is good.
Thanks for posting! I got busy and couldn't update how my process went. Mine went same as yours. Still no AA full-screen--I HAD to be sure. 😫

·
Registered
207 Posts
I wonder if I can hookup a battery charger and do the install in the garage without having to have the SC running.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just installed the update. You can start / stop the engine while this is going on. It will continue in the background.
You will not have any access to the radio / navigation

·
Registered
Black Limited
257 Posts
Great! Took and hour to download and when I went to install it said INCOMPATABLE with this vehicle. Geez just my luck! There's only one version 211103 for a Standard Gen5w. I have a Limited. Guess I'm redoing it again.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Great! Took and hour to download and when I went to install it said INCOMPATABLE with this vehicle. Geez just my luck! There's only one version 211103 for a Standard Gen5w. I have a Limited. Guess I'm redoing it again.
Only the Navigation update is applicable to the SC.
Make sure after downloading and launching the Navigation Updater, you choose the Santa Cruz from the dropdown as well as 2022 in the next field.

·
Registered
Black Limited
257 Posts
Nick just posted you can do it in accessory mode.
Only the Navigation update is applicable to the SC.
Make sure after downloading and launching the Navigation Updater, you choose the Santa Cruz from the drop down as well as 2022 in the next field.
It filled that in for me once I logged in. There is only one update for 2022 Santa Cruz so not sure whats going on. Reinstalling but it said I already had the latest update. Not looking good. Still downloading but won't be long.

UPDATE: Am giving it a third try. Did all the same yesterday for a second time and with the same result. Wait that the explanation for insanity isn't it? Well he I am trying this AM with a different 32Gb SD card and different USB adapter. Good thing I'm a geek to have a bunch of these just laying around that I can use as needed. Hope this time works.

·
Registered
7 Posts
To clarify, started with engine running, was taking long time. Got message on screen that the engine would shut off in 20 minutes. Not enough time to finish. So, i figured lets just shut it down now. Everything went black, update had been on installing 1 of 5. When i turned it back on it went right to this screen 1 of 5. Shut off again came back in 5 - 10 minutes turned on to ACC it was on 2 of 5. So shut it down waited 1 hour. When I checked it has completed. The instructions are not clear at all but it seems once the update starts it will complete, regardless if Off / ACC or engine running. Just do not remove the usb drive.

·
Registered
Black Limited
257 Posts
Hey, it's working! Am taking pics as it progresses. Yep I just stuck in the USB adapter in the left USB port, turned on and ACC and it read and started the update this time. Also as mentioned, I did turn off the ACC and it just kept going so no need to use up gas or worry about the battery on these updates. My problem may have been the 256Gb SD card I had used the first time as I know some USB devices have limitations to the size they'll read. I'll post the pics once it's done.

Plant Vehicle Gadget Car Personal luxury car
Font Gadget Sky Technology Gas

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey, it's working! Am taking pics as it progresses. Yep I just stuck in the USB adapter in the left USB port, turned on and ACC and it read and started the update this time. Also as mentioned, I did turn off the ACC and it just kept going so no need to use up gas or worry about the battery on these updates. My problem may have been the 256Gb SD card I had used the first time as I know some USB devices have limitations to the size they'll read. I'll post the pics once it's done.
You used an SD card instead of a USB drive?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts