Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got my new xxr rims last week and of course they sent me the wrong bolt pattern after I told them several times what it was so….
I’m headed to tire rack on Wednesday so they can laser scan the wheel wells and start giving us some options so anyone looking for rims, tire rack will probably be the first place to tell you what works. I’ll post some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,119 Posts
Those are going to look sharp!! Sucks that they botched the bolt pattern. Waiting is painful. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don’t mind waiting a little, how long have we been waiting for this Santa Cruz? 7 years now 🤣😂. It’s the pita of boxing it all back up. Being on the phone with them. Taking all these pictures to prove they’re wrong and they want pics of this and that….

But ya I want something with the black chrome look to match the grille on the limited models with the black chrome. The offset is going to be the difficult part cause I’m not looking for curb feelers and that’s all you see everyone putting on their trucks these days. A little is good, but I don’t need them sticking out 5” from the fenders. 🤣😂

Those are going to look sharp!! Sucks that they botched the bolt pattern. Waiting is painful. :)

·
Registered
Phantom Black Limited AWD
144 Posts
Well got my new xxr rims last week and of course they sent me the wrong bolt pattern after I told them several times what it was so….
I’m headed to tire rack on Wednesday so they can laser scan the wheel wells and start giving us some options so anyone looking for rims, tire rack will probably be the first place to tell you what works. I’ll post some pics.
Very, very nice.
If you don't mind my asking, how much will these gorgeous rims set you back?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
xxrs are pretty reasonable. I had them on my coupe way back in the day and never had issues with them. These ran me right around 1,000 with shipping but they’ve been returned as of now until they can figure out what fit’s. I’m trying to find a rim I can use these stock tires on and then toss some nice Blizzak snows on the stock rims. Four wheel drive and snow tires is so much fun… my G70 was ridiculous in the snow with the Blizzaks and the awd.

Very, very nice.
If you don't mind my asking, how much will these gorgeous rims set you back?

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
xxrs are pretty reasonable. I had them on my coupe way back in the day and never had issues with them. These ran me right around 1,000 with shipping but they’ve been returned as of now until they can figure out what fit’s. I’m trying to find a rim I can use these stock tires on and then toss some nice Blizzak snows on the stock rims. Four wheel drive and snow tires is so much fun… my G70 was ridiculous in the snow with the Blizzaks and the awd.
So, telling them the bolt pattern was 5 x 114.3 didn't help?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These I got online from custom offsets. For some reason they have to have vehicle info when they order this stuff so I told them to use a Santa Fe. When the slip came they have jeep Cherokee on it and that info so I have no clue. The boxes all said the right bolt pattern but the rims where all 5x120/4.75. That’s why I called tire rack here in south bend and told them to use my truck to scan and get this ball rolling.

So, telling them the bolt pattern was 5 x 114.3 didn't help?

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
These I got online from custom offsets. For some reason they have to have vehicle info when they order this stuff so I told them to use a Santa Fe. When the slip came they have jeep Cherokee on it and that info so I have no clue. The boxes all said the right bolt pattern but the rims where all 5x120/4.75. That’s why I called tire rack here in south bend and told them to use my truck to scan and get this ball rolling.
Sounds like somebody doesn't have everything together (or isn't playing with a full deck). Maybe providing them these specs will help them get the right wheel for you.
Size should 20 x 7.5
Offset = +49.5 mm
Bore size = 67.1 mm

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sounds like somebody doesn't have everything together (or isn't playing with a full deck). Maybe providing them these specs will help them get the right wheel for you.
Size should 20 x 7.5
Offset = +49.5 mm
Bore size = 67.1 mm
Just cam from the XXR site. They only make a 20 x 8.5 version of your XXR 559 Chromium Black.
Are you trying to use the OEM wheel specs or changing everything altogether including the tires?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
🤣😂 I know, I was giving them that info but if it’s not in the system they have no clue what fits in their inventory. Even discount tire said the same thing to me, I drove there too. That’s when I went the online route figuring I could just pick what I want and they would send it to me. Critical thinking is dead
Size should 20 x 7.5
Offset = +49.5 mm
Bore size = 67.1 mm

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium
7 Posts
Those look amazing. I’m actually jealous as I haven’t look into that yet.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Here's the 18" RTX Arai, gloss black, mounted and ready for rubber. 45mm offset, zero clearance issues. Only snag is there is still no programming available for the Santa Cruz (at Fountain Tire at least), so they're moving the sensors over from the factory wheels.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Going to look sharp!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nice! How’s the offset looking from the front?

Here's the 18" RTX Arai, gloss black, mounted and ready for rubber. 45mm offset, zero clearance issues. Only snag is there is still no programming available for the Santa Cruz (at Fountain Tire at least), so they're moving the sensors over from the factory wheels.
View attachment 3210
Going to look sharp!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no, oem wheel specs are the last thing on my mind. But I’ll run the stock tires on them for now, they’ll be fine.

Just cam from the XXR site. They only make a 20 x 8.5 version of your XXR 559 Chromium Black.
Are you trying to use the OEM wheel specs or changing everything altogether including the tires?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
nice! How’s the offset looking from the front?
Honestly, there's barely any change from stock with the offset. 4.5mm is about a fifth of an inch. So, if you're looking to push the wheels out of the wheel wells a bit, these aren't your wheels.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
how’s the new rims look installed? Did you take any pics?

Honestly, there's barely any change from stock with the offset. 4.5mm is about a fifth of an inch. So, if you're looking to push the wheels out of the wheel wells a bit, these aren't your wheels.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts