Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
In some parts of the video the blue doesn't look as pale/pastel as it does in most of the photos... will be interesting to see it in person.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Spot on initial review! Including his conclusion that it's "not a truck" just like Hyundai has been marketing.

:D There are short clips of the mystery ORANGE piping!!! (y)

Cant wait for this reviewers driving impressions.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
I'm of the same opinion of Brian (who I've followed since his days as the camera guy for Driving Television in Canada, even before he started doing reviews) - I want buttons and knobs! Big capacitive panels are great when you're not driving and can focus your eyes on it fully to see what you're touching. Nothing replaces tactile feedback for knowing what your fingers are on and what you've adjusted like a big dial or clicky button. I'm sure I'll survive the ordeal though. Maybe that's why they've added so much driver assistance tech! LOL

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm of the same opinion of Brian (who I've followed since his days as the camera guy for Driving Television in Canada, even before he started doing reviews) - I want buttons and knobs! Big capacitive panels are great when you're not driving and can focus your eyes on it fully to see what you're touching. Nothing replaces tactile feedback for knowing what your fingers are on and what you've adjusted like a big dial or clicky button. I'm sure I'll survive the ordeal though. Maybe that's why they've added so much driver assistance tech! LOL
That piano black is going to require frequent cleaning, had something similar, used to carry a cloth and spray cleaner in the console.......no French fries eating with it. Yes, knobs!

·
Registered
510 Posts
I guess I had unrealistic expectations of the orange stitching; I thought it would really add a big WOW! to the interior. But, it's actually kind of "Meh."

The exterior colors continue to confound me -- I'm sometimes unsure whether I'm looking at Gray, Sage, or Blue, depending on the lighting. I'm getting used to it, but I still wish they offered at least one color with some real pizzazz.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Don't you people just use the steering wheel controls for the most common functions?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
896 Posts
Don't you people just use the steering wheel controls for the most common functions?
Works well for the audio, not so much for temperature. This is one of those form over function deals... it looks great - very sleek, futuristic and minimalist (my wife loves it) but real knobs are better. Similar to manual transmission this is battle that is hopeless lost so just gotta deal with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just went to a dealership where they had one with the bed extender. You can't open the trunk from either position. That was stupid. They were also asking a $1000 over msrp and tacked on a protection package of $4500. Slimy salespeople at Rick Case in FL.

·
Registered
896 Posts
They were also asking a $1000 over msrp and tacked on a protection package of $4500. Slimy salespeople at Rick Case in FL.
Thanks for the warning, being in FL I‘ll know where NOT to go.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Just went to a dealership where they had one with the bed extender. You can't open the trunk from either position. That was stupid. They were also asking a $1000 over msrp and tacked on a protection package of $4500. Slimy salespeople at Rick Case in FL.
Oh, I see, FL=Ft.Laud.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Just went to a dealership where they had one with the bed extender. You can't open the trunk from either position. That was stupid.
If you are referring to this...

...that is stupid! I can't imagine Hyundai would design that in a way that blocks the bed trunk in both positions. Ridiculous if that's the case.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
If they put HVAC controls on the steering wheel .. yeah, sure! Capacitive touch stuff is also an issue in Canada in the winter ... when we tend to wear gloves in the -30s. ****, the -20s. I'm not saying they don't work, I'm saying they don't work AS WELL as a physical button or dial. There is no tactile feedback. I turn a knob, I can feel it turn without looking. I push a button, I can feel it depress and normally give a 'click' or at least bottom out to know it was depressed. It's design aesthetic over usability - and it's a distraction that forces your eyes off the road.

Will I live with it? Yes. Will I wish every day that it was different? Probably also yes. Will my grumblings make a lick of difference? Not in the one I'll be driving, but maybe if enough people complain, Hyundai will backtrack in the future, like Honda did when they got the touch button backlash.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts