Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited in Blue Stone
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello to everyone at SCF. I hope to get my Blue Stone Limited SC next week. I have been talking to a salesman at Spradley Hyundai in Pueblo, where I believe Nanaroo got hers. My wife and I have owned Hyundai Tucsons since 2007 when we bought a 07 Tucson Limited in Alpine Frost. We bought that Tuc at Spradley also. We happily drove it for ten years before trading it in on a 2017 Tucson limited in Carribean Blue. We bought it from Phil Long Motor City in Colorado Springs.
Now I am looking to put my 2001 Dodge Dakota Quadcab out to pasture after twenty year (!). I sure will miss that combo CD/cassette tape player in the Dodge! LOL. By next weekend I hope that I'll be driving a spanking new SC Limited. I'll keep you posted.
I want to thank everyone who has posted here. I have been lurking on the site for about a month and the experiences and opinions of all the members here helped me make my decision to buy our third Hyundai. Just love them! On top of that I think I have watched about 50 videos on Youtube about the SC.

Thanks again and just call me Bill.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Welcome to the ICU, Bill.
Sounds like you've got Santa Cruz Fever,

• Haha
Reactions: SkyCruz

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello to everyone at SCF. I hope to get my Blue Stone Limited SC next week. I have been talking to a salesman at Spradley Hyundai in Pueblo, where I believe Nanaroo got hers. My wife and I have owned Hyundai Tucsons since 2007 when we bought a 07 Tucson Limited in Alpine Frost. We bought that Tuc at Spradley also. We happily drove it for ten years before trading it in on a 2017 Tucson limited in Carribean Blue. We bought it from Phil Long Motor City in Colorado Springs.
Now I am looking to put my 2001 Dodge Dakota Quadcab out to pasture after twenty year (!). I sure will miss that combo CD/cassette tape player in the Dodge! LOL. By next weekend I hope that I'll be driving a spanking new SC Limited. I'll keep you posted.
I want to thank everyone who has posted here. I have been lurking on the site for about a month and the experiences and opinions of all the members here helped me make my decision to buy our third Hyundai. Just love them! On top of that I think I have watched about 50 videos on Youtube about the SC.

I purchased my Blue Stone SEL Premium at Spradley in Pueblo on Aug 26th. I've had no problems. No mark ups, no dealer add ons. We live in Canon City. I love the SC.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I got off work today and had a voice message from the salesman. I also had a voicemail from the internet sales person at Spradley. I called right away and he said the SC I was looking at buying was delivered today, three days early. I told we could not be down until Friday afternoon (work schedules, etc.) He said great and was interested in my Dodge as a trade-in. Good news,right?
He called back ten minutes later and told his Manager sold it this morning, before it was even off of the truck! Now I know the definition of the word "bummed". He has no idea if Spradley will be getting any more SC's soon but he would look at the inventory and let me know. I told I was hoping to get one before Winter and I would be looking at other dealers. He understood and would keep in touch with me if one becomes available in the near future. I still have a high opinion of Spradley as a dealership as we bought a Tucson there before.

Bill

P.S. If the buyer is a member of SCF, congratulations and enjoy your new Blue Stone SC Limited.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts
I sure will miss that combo CD/cassette tape player in the Dodge! LOL.

Ohhh-nooo... Mr. Bill! Your new Santa Cruz won't have a CD or cassette player. :ROFLMAO:

Welcome to the SC madness.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Now I am looking to put my 2001 Dodge Dakota Quadcab out to pasture after twenty year (!). I sure will miss that combo CD/cassette tape player in the Dodge!
I replaced that stock radio in my '02 Dakota Quad Cab a LONG time ago :ROFLMAO: Which engine does your Dakota have? I've got the 4.7l V8 and looking forward to upgrading to a SC with way more advanced tech and finally getting decent mileage. Dodge would have kept me a customer if they would modernized the Dak because mine has been (shockingly) super reliable. Debated getting a new Ranger (I had a '96 before) but I am over the whole truck thing in terms of ride quality and size.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I got off work today and had a voice message from the salesman. I also had a voicemail from the internet sales person at Spradley. I called right away and he said the SC I was looking at buying was delivered today, three days early. I told we could not be down until Friday afternoon (work schedules, etc.) He said great and was interested in my Dodge as a trade-in. Good news,right?
He called back ten minutes later and told his Manager sold it this morning, before it was even off of the truck! Now I know the definition of the word "bummed". He has no idea if Spradley will be getting any more SC's soon but he would look at the inventory and let me know. I told I was hoping to get one before Winter and I would be looking at other dealers. He understood and would keep in touch with me if one becomes available in the near future. I still have a high opinion of Spradley as a dealership as we bought a Tucson there before.

Bill

P.S. If the buyer is a member of SCF, congratulations and enjoy your new Blue Stone SC Limited.
Well now that's a bummer - darn. I love mine and had a great buying experience. Spradley has only gotten 4 SCs so far. You can watch production numbers at http://scinventory.net:8080/d/EnRwy...All&var-state=All&var-trim=All&var-status=All - you can filter by state at the top and then you can drill down and sort by dealer, etc. Someone on the forum developed this. It's fun to see what's happening nationally. Looks like the last batch rolled out 10-16. Hopefully they'll start up again soon.

Phil Long Hyundai in the Springs is getting more, but when I checked with them in Sept. they were adding a $5k surcharge. No thanks!

I live in Lamar in SE Colorado (pop. 8k) and my State Farm insurance agent just told me someone else in town insured a SC last month. What are the odds?

Hope you get one soon. I think you'll love it. (I had a 1995 Dodge Dakota - loved that truck).

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JMII- I also have the 4.7L and I get a pitiful 14-15 mpg driving around town. But the Dak has been paid off for years and hasn't had any major mechanical issues in 20 years (I just cursed myself. Tomorrow the tranny will probably drop out!) so it is an inexpensive way to get to work and back. I had hoped to trade it in before getting new tires for winter but it snowed west of me today so I probably will get some new tires before long.

Nanaroo- Glad you are loving your SC. I have talked to both Phil Long dealers in Colorado Springs a couple of times and they won't budge on the $5K upcharge. Not even when I told them I had an SC in my sights at Spradley for MSRP. Phill Long know someone will pay it eventually. I have looked online at a couple of Denver area dealers. AFAIK, they aren't padding the bill with upcharges and there are several SC Limited available.
I have been keeping an eye on scinventory.net. Whoever here who created it gets a big thanks from me. Great work, easy to use and very helpful.

Bill

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
JMII- I also have the 4.7L and I get a pitiful 14-15 mpg driving around town. But the Dak has been paid off for years and hasn't had any major mechanical issues in 20 years (I just cursed myself. Tomorrow the tranny will probably drop out!) so it is an inexpensive way to get to work and back.
Same here. Due to it being paid off and having no problems, along with no suitable replacements until the new Ranger showed up I just kept holding onto it. I was all set to buy a new Ranger when the SC launched. I wanted to downsize from my Dak... and the SC seems to fit the bill perfectly while the Ranger was bigger then expected. Living in FL I don't have to deal with snow so my truck is in great condition inside and out. I only use it to tow my boat on the weekends so even the mileage is low at just 120k.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Bill

Apologies and thank you.....

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Apologies and thank you.....
ShortyK,
I guess you got the Limited I was going to buy tomorrow. Congrats again. For car salesmen, its first come served. I joked with Joel at Spradley and asked him if he could put the SC behind the dealership and surround it with dumpsters until I could get there tomorrow. No such luck. I am still looking for a Limited and probably will check in Denver. Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome to the Spradley owners circle - are you in Colorado? If so, where? We may see each other on the road.
Thank you. I am in the Springs. Shopped here, up north and by chance found Spradley. I try to shop local when I can, but the 5k markup is just ridiculous. ****, even MSRP is pushing it for me, which I paid. Minus the military rebate. Traded in a 2021 Kia Stinger with 4k on the odometer which they have listed already at their sister store. Pretty good trade credit, but kind of jerked me around with their financing company, but overall I would give them a "B".

·
Registered
12 Posts
ShortyK,
I guess you got the Limited I was going to buy tomorrow. Congrats again. For car salesmen, its first come served. I joked with Joel at Spradley and asked him if he could put the SC behind the dealership and surround it with dumpsters until I could get there tomorrow. No such luck. I am still looking for a Limited and probably will check in Denver. Enjoy your new ride!
I did. They and Phil Long had the only color(s) I really wanted. I'm a firm believer if it's going to happen, it will.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
591 Posts
A reputable dealer would have held the vehicle one night for you come down, even though you may have been required to put some money down. I get the offers from Phil Long all the time, informing me that they have the SC I want. Turns out they have additional markup on all of them. No thank you. Good luck on your continued hunt for a SC, @RetFF.

It seems like the numbers of lower trim level SC's are multiplying on dealer lots, while the SEL Premium and Limited trims are still in short supply.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A reputable dealer would have held the vehicle one night for you come down, even though you may have been required to put some money down. I get the offers from Phil Long all the time, informing me that they have the SC I want. Turns out they have additional markup on all of them. No thank you. Good luck on your continued hunt for a SC, @RetFF.

It seems like the numbers of lower trim level SC's are multiplying on dealer lots, while the SEL Premium and Limited trims are still in short supply.
Unfortunately, holding the SC for one night wouldn't worked because of my job. The SC was delivered Monday and I couldn't see it until Friday. The saleman I dealt with was not the one who sold it to ShortyK. I think it was his boss.
ShortyK- I will be in the Springs today so I will keep an eye out for that SC of yours.
P.S. Watch out for hail next Spring. Haha.

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
12 Posts
Unfortunately, holding the SC for one night wouldn't worked because of my job. The SC was delivered Monday and I couldn't see it until Friday. The saleman I dealt with was not the one who sold it to ShortyK. I think it was his boss.
ShortyK- I will be in the Springs today so I will keep an eye out for that SC of yours.
P.S. Watch out for hail next Spring. Haha.
I'll be out and about. You bet, garage kept...

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
After a long day today of driving 315 miles round trip to Denver and four hours at the dealership, success is ours. My wife and I signed the papers on a Blue Stone Limited SC. It will not delivered until 11/2 at the earliest so next weekend we we go back to Denver to pick it up.
We bought it at Arapahoe Hyundai and they wanted a $5K upcharge we talked them down to an amount we could live with. They also gave me a $500 1st Responder discount because I am a 911 Dispatcher.
Paying just the MSRP would have been nice, but after talking to eight Hyundai dealers, I got tired of being told there were none in stock, so when Arapahoe said they had an unclaimed Limited coming in a week, we got it before someone else did. It's going to be a long week until next Saturday.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.