Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just in the Tractor Supply and saw a DeWalt 15 Gallon rolling contractor box. It's a smaller size box with pullout handle on one end and wheels on the other. I eyeballed it and questioned whether it would fit in the bed under the tonneau. Decided to buy it and see.

It fits like a glove. With the bed mat it's within about 1-1/2 inches of the tonneau - close enough that it won't roll under the handle but is fine on either side. But slide it back towards the cab and the wheels will go over a hump and settle in a place that feels like it will hold well when it's loaded. So I think I've got myself a new cargo toolbox to keep stuff for whatever I'm doing together in the bed.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Checked it out with some light when I got home.

There is an indentation in the bottom of the box that will sit down just past the hinge lines in the bed mat. When it does that the top of the box is against the tonneau box.. This is what makes it feel locked in. I'm not sure what I think of using the tonneau box as a stop but I bet it's fine unless the thing is fully loaded and I get in a crash.

Here's a photo with it in the bed:
Road surface Asphalt Grey Gas Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,388 Posts

There is an indentation in the bottom of the box that will sit down just past the hinge lines in the bed mat. When it does that the top of the box is against the tonneau box.. This is what makes it feel locked in. I'm not sure what I think of using the tonneau box as a stop but I bet it's fine unless the thing is fully loaded and I get in a crash.

thanks for posting… this just might work for me as well…

·
Registered
143 Posts

View attachment 4252
Do you think two will go side by side?

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you think two will go side by side?
Long ways in (as pictured) I feel like they would, with room to spare.

The wide way across the bed, I don't think so, especially not between the wheel wells. My box is at work right now so I can't check, but I think it's a little over 2 feet long.

Edit: I checked and the measurements are 16.5x16.5x24.8", so you can measure.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Long ways in (as pictured) I feel like they would, with room to spare.

The wide way across the bed, I don't think so, especially not between the wheel wells. My box is at work right now so I can't check, but I think it's a little over 2 feet long.

Edit: I checked and the measurements are 16.5x16.5x24.8", so you can measure.
Thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts