Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a copy of the owners manual (source wishes to remain secret). Looking thru all 598 pages there is zero information on memory seats, including all the various settings, Smart Key features, etc.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry can't distribute manual due to source. Still shocked at no memory seats :mad: given the massive amount of tech in this car, it partially drives itself given all the gizmos like radar cruise, auto cruise based on reading road signs and the navigation database, lane keeping, etc, the list goes on and on. I wonder if this is going to be a second year thing, where they add it next year which would piss me off even more.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,188 Posts
This ^^ Real curb weight please.

If you have memory seats, you really need memory mirrors and steering column too. I don't think the steering column settings are electric.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This ^^ Real curb weight please.

If you have memory seats, you really need memory mirrors and steering column too. I don't think the steering column settings are electric.
Curb weight isn't listed - just GVW, so (in theory) if you remove payload from that you get the curb weight.

Steering column is manual.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't see any reference to radar based distance sensors.
Some models have a surround view parking system with cameras that show front, side and rear top down images.
Some models have a rear cross traffic alert system.
All models have a standard backup camera as they are required by law since 2018. I do wonder what view you get with the tailgate down since the camera is in the tailgate handle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't see any reference to radar based distance sensors.
Some models have a surround view parking system with cameras that show front, side and rear top down images.
Some models have a rear cross traffic alert system.
All models have a standard backup camera as they are required by law since 2018. I do wonder what view you get with the tailgate down since the camera is in the tailgate handle.
Thank you! That makes me sad. But the camera view will be helpful.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The camera out back (when the tailgate is up) should work really well, radar sensors or not. The radar's only purpose in my mind is if you were backing up and not paying attention to what you were doing, the audible beeps would alert you that you were about to hit something. If you're just trying to park or hitch a trailer the camera is a much better tool, IMO.

The 360 camera works well, but isn't particularly suited for fine maneuvering... it gives a decent idea of where the corners of the vehicle are, but tends to get a little blurry/fuzzy right at the corners. Great for 'am I square and straight in the lines of this parking spot?' type things, not so much for 'am I going to clip the lawn mower when pulling into the garage' type things.

My favorite part of the 360 system is being able to use the mirror cameras to zoom in on each wheel -- it's incredibly helpful when parking to see how close you are to a curb!

Not the best image (stolen snip from a YouTube video), but that right frame is selected to show the front right wheel -- and you get a great view of exactly where it's at. I tend to go find and end spot and snuggle up to the curb as closely as possible to avoid door dings -- so it's a nice touch!

*The above is all based on the camera system in my wife's '19 Santa Fe... I bet the SC system will be practically the same.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The camera out back (when the tailgate is up) should work really well, radar sensors or not.
(y) Another helpful tool could be the the blind spot cameras. I assume they work in reverse, if so just flick your turn signal to see what is on that side of the vehicle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The camera out back (when the tailgate is up) should work really well, radar sensors or not. The radar's only purpose in my mind is if you were backing up and not paying attention to what you were doing, the audible beeps would alert you that you were about to hit something. If you're just trying to park or hitch a trailer the camera is a much better tool, IMO.

The 360 camera works well, but isn't particularly suited for fine maneuvering... it gives a decent idea of where the corners of the vehicle are, but tends to get a little blurry/fuzzy right at the corners. Great for 'am I square and straight in the lines of this parking spot?' type things, not so much for 'am I going to clip the lawn mower when pulling into the garage' type things.

My favorite part of the 360 system is being able to use the mirror cameras to zoom in on each wheel -- it's incredibly helpful when parking to see how close you are to a curb!

View attachment 914

Not the best image (stolen snip from a YouTube video), but that right frame is selected to show the front right wheel -- and you get a great view of exactly where it's at. I tend to go find and end spot and snuggle up to the curb as closely as possible to avoid door dings -- so it's a nice touch!

*The above is all based on the camera system in my wife's '19 Santa Fe... I bet the SC system will be practically the same.
Those cameras are really neat. I wasn’t really concerned about backing up as much as being able to park close to objects safely. My drive way is very short and with my old truck I could park very close to the house just using it’s front sensors. But I think the cameras will make any kind of parking easier. Except for parallel parking. Lol

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,230 Posts
Except for parallel parking. Lol
I've never understood the struggle with parallel parking - ESPECIALLY after you learn some of the tricks they don't teach you in driver's ed - but DID teach viewers of Canada's Worst Driver. (Canada's Worst Driver 11: Learning to Parallel Park - YouTube ) Last year one of my daughter's friends was freaking out about her driver's test and parallel parking. So, I showed her how easy it is. She was a few inches too far from the curb on the first try, nailed it the second go. And that was in a vehicle with NO cameras and that she'd never driven before. Once you get it, you can't UN-get it. It works the same on everything I've ever parked from a Kia Rio to an F-150 to SUVs, an 87 Crown Vic station wagon, and a 74 Gran Torino. I think driver's ed programs should require watching CWD re-runs, just for the instructional parts.

Also, the segment of Kenzie's Corner (Kenzie's Korner: There's no such thing as a blind spot - YouTube) on how to adjust your rearview mirrors!! Anyone who's never done that ... it's life changing. Set them up and take a run down the highway ... he's dead accurate!

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
507 Posts
I've never understood the struggle with parallel parking - ESPECIALLY after you learn some of the tricks they don't teach you in driver's ed - but DID teach viewers of Canada's Worst Driver. (Canada's Worst Driver 11: Learning to Parallel Park - YouTube ) Last year one of my daughter's friends was freaking out about her driver's test and parallel parking. So, I showed her how easy it is. She was a few inches too far from the curb on the first try, nailed it the second go. And that was in a vehicle with NO cameras and that she'd never driven before. Once you get it, you can't UN-get it. It works the same on everything I've ever parked from a Kia Rio to an F-150 to SUVs, an 87 Crown Vic station wagon, and a 74 Gran Torino. I think driver's ed programs should require watching CWD re-runs, just for the instructional parts.

Also, the segment of Kenzie's Corner (Kenzie's Korner: There's no such thing as a blind spot - YouTube) on how to adjust your rearview mirrors!! Anyone who's never done that ... it's life changing. Set them up and take a run down the highway ... he's dead accurate!
The rear view mirror adjustment mentioned in the video works great UNTIL you try to back into or out of a parking place. You cannot see the lines on the ground at all, nor the cars on each side of the spot. A little dangerous in my opinion. If the mirrors tilt down when shifting into reverse, that would probably solve that little problem. Thank you for sharing the video though.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,230 Posts
It's not in that video, but they also specifically mention adjusting your mirrors for parking. Back in the day when fixed mirrors were up on the front fender of the driver's side only, wasn't much of an issue. But there is very little on the road today without some form of power mirror on it. Or at least a manually adjusting mirror in arm's reach. Which one leads to more deadly accidents? "Blind spots" on the highway at high speed or low speed parking lot movements? One of those scenarios has dedicated monitoring systems in place to avoid them ... so I'd go with it's far more important to have mirrors set to eliminate blind spots than maybe having to adjust them for parking. But that's me. YMMV.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts