· Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone was curious:
  • Limited 121
  • SEL Premium 128
  • SEL 205
  • SE 11
Looks like the SE model may just be for advertising purposes so on radio ads they can say "starting under $24K!" with the big caveat being that chances are the vehicle doesn't exist in your state, and if it does its probably marked up with dealer add-ons, lol! Unfortunately, no way to determine how many of the SEL are with the activity package, which isn't the cheapest, but just browsing it looks like most. Probably focusing on higher profit margin vehicles for a while until supply can ramp up.

· Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,997 Posts
Here's the crazy thing. My brother is looking for a his particular exterior/interior color and trim level still. Only 2 exit on Auto Trader in the US. The one that is relatively close by has an insane $10,000+ markup on it and has been sitting on their lot for over a month now. The other one is over 1,700 miles away (as the crow fly's!), so he hasn't even inquired what price they want for it. :mad:

• Wow
Reactions: JASmith

· Registered
291 Posts
The first SC trim that Hyundai of Carlsbad received was an SE. They said that they had allot of customer interest in test drives, but not much interest in customers wanting to buy the base trim. Not sure if they still have it. They sell at MSRP, but buyer may have to put up with buying the $995 - $2400 in add-ons (unless they negotiate otherwise).

· Administrator
455 Posts
I'm not surprised. Honda offered a couple of cheaper trims for the Ridgeline from 2017 to 2019. They also offered a FWD version from 2017-2020. So few people bought the lower or FWD trims that they dropped them. AWD is now standard and the "Sport" which used to be a mid-level trim is now the base model.

I have a friend who only buys the lowest-price trim of whatever model he's looking for. He often has to search for a while.

· Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not surprised. Honda offered a couple of cheaper trims for the Ridgeline from 2017 to 2019. They also offered a FWD version from 2017-2020. So few people bought the lower or FWD trims that they dropped them. AWD is now standard and the "Sport" which used to be a mid-level trim is now the base model.

I have a friend who only buys the lowest-price trim of whatever model he's looking for. He often has to search for a while.
I do want a AWD SE trim, as Hyundai only charges $1.5K for the upgrade, which is very reasonable. On the Maverick, FWD vs AWD was like $3.3K.

· Registered
87 Posts
I used the search inventory tab on the Hyundai website when I was looking for mine. I found 5 SE's and 11 SEL's within a 200 mile radius of my location. It was easy to find what I wanted. I would give it a shot if you are not finding it with the standard car search websites.

I wanted the roof rails and did not find them on any of the SE's so an SEL with an activity package was my choice. I also did not want the DC transmission so, a non-turbo was in the cards also. So far it is proving to be a very good combination.

· Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I used the search inventory tab on the Hyundai website when I was looking for mine. I found 5 SE's and 11 SEL's within a 200 mile radius of my location. It was easy to find what I wanted. I would give it a shot if you are not finding it with the standard car search websites.

I wanted the roof rails and did not find them on any of the SE's so an SEL with an activity package was my choice. I also did not want the DC transmission so, a non-turbo was in the cards also. So far it is proving to be a very good combination.
No luck, within 200 miles there are no SEs or SELs without activity package. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.