Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize ODB2 scanners have been mentioned several times in various threads. I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread where everyone can share their recommendations and experiences. If there is already such a thread I didn't see it.

Which ODB2 scanner do you use or recommend and why?

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a cheap scanner I got from Amazon. My requirements was that it had to be compatible with iOS app Fusion. I’m sure there’s better applications out there, but this serves my basic needs…
My requirements would be most basic. It sounds like I don't need to splurge. I can't see any advantage the $120 scanner would have over the $21 scanner below.

I just need one that works with Android apps. Do you see any useful functionality that justify the cost of the more expensive scanner?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
@_metafizik - I couldn’t tell you the differences… im sure members with more knowledge would be able.
However, for my needs, I just wanted to know what the problems we’re before I took it to the shop, especially for my older cars, out of warranty. The software provided the information I needed…
There are cool features on the app and info not readily available on the SC dash… so, as long as the OBD was compatible with the APP…
Light Product Automotive lighting Font Red

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,313 Posts
BlueDriver isn't the cheapest out there by far, but I will upvote it every single time. I picked it up a few years ago and it's fantastic. One big reason? It gets updates via the app. It does far more than just read the error codes. It gives you reports, it will list off some of the most common causes of the error codes you're getting, and it's easy to move around between vehicles and share the results. I've pulled codes for family and friends too many times to remember.

Plus the live data logging is great if you're trying to track down those little bugs that only seem to happen when a mechanic is nowhere around. All goes to CSV files to open in Excel. The real-time readout is nice when driving too ... I used it all the time as a 'digital dash' on my 97 Sierra. You can select which data you want to see as well. I've never needed to dig too far into that myself though.

I'd 100% buy a BlueDriver again if I needed another one. Top notch product, but not the cheapest by any means.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.