673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm going to order one and it looks like easy enough to DIY

just going to be a PITA doing in 90+ degrees outside

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,119 Posts
Nice to see it get added. Too bad it still doesn't list the factory 7 pin harness as an option. But it's a start! By the looks of that plug, swapping the 4 pin to a factory 7 pin (once released) should be a piece of cake. One plug and two screws into the bracket, by the looks of it. Not bad at all.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Whats up with the $100 price increase? This is (was?) a $450 piece.

I too will likely DIY this to avoid having to find a dealer that can a) either get a SC in stock with one already installed, or b) has even installed a hitch on a SC before.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Whats up with the $100 price increase? This is (was?) a $450 piece.

I too will likely DIY this to avoid having to find a dealer that can a) either get a SC in stock with one already installed, or b) has even installed a hitch on a SC before.
It looks like just the receiver is included in the $550. If you go to the kit with the harness it’s $700 for the oem harness or $620 for some aftermarket harness.

Glad they are available at least!

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ordered. Thanks for the heads up! Got weather tech and now the hitch ordered. If they just had the 7-pin harness and bed extender available I would be set.
Don't you need the bed mat too? the composite bed surface is super slippery all my stuff slides around so much in the bed I resort to yoga mat for now but that's far from ideal

·
Registered
156 Posts
Also interesting; 'aftermarket'?

Equipment:
OEM Tow Hitch + OEM Tow Hitch Harness [$699.99]
OEM Tow Hitch + Aftermarket Tow Hitch Harness [$619.99]

The aftermarket appears to be a Curt, 4 pin harness.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD
33 Posts
Awesome..I just ordered this too. I purchased the OEM hitch and 4-pin harness to avoid Hyundai saying something was not compatible. I specifically wanted this vehicle to pull a small trailer and it should do that very well. Last puzzle piece to my SEL AWD with no other options.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Installation looks very straightforward but c’mon! 🤦‍♂️
🤣
I don't think I'd want to do it on a lift, suspending 40 lb of the hitch mid air while threading the bolts on both sides is hard to do by 1 person, we'll see.
Everything else should be very easy, just get some blocks for the detached muffler to sit on so it won't stress the flanges too much

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is the Hyndai factory Santa Cruz trailer hitch a class IV hitch? Does the Santa Cruz come factory wired with a four pin light connector or do I need to buy a wiring harness too? Thanks! Terry

View attachment 1876

View attachment 1876

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is the Hyndai factory Santa Cruz trailer hitch a class IV hitch? Does the Santa Cruz come factory wired with a four pin light connector or do I need to buy a wiring harness too? Thanks! Terry
not sure, I'll be unboxing soon so if I find the rating I'll tell you

·
Registered
156 Posts
Talked to Hyundai parts manager. He is hoping the 7 pin wiring will fit the Palisade.

A common complaint he is seeing. Regardless of the Telluride part seemingly ug and play.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts