1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

the user manual doesn't specify that.
offsets are normally stamped on the inside of the wheel

this measurement 7.5J x 20 shown above is from the 20" OEM wheel of Kia Telluride, which is the exact same wheel size for the SC Limited
If I have to bet, SC Limited wheels should have also the same offset, +49.5mm

as for 18", here is what I found about 2021 Santa Fe 2.5T North American wheel spec:

that's the same size as SC 18" wheel, also +49.5mm offset

If any of you happens to have a chance to take the wheel off for any reason, I'd really appreciate if you could help verify that stamped offsets measurement on the OEM wheels. I believe they are +49.5mm, but still Hyundai could have changed things with SC.

While on the topic of offsets, I was trying to find some light weight, good looking 7.5jx18 aftermarket wheels, that +49.5mm offset is impossible to find. Is there any potential problem if I use wheels that are not the exact OEM offset, let's say +45mm instead of +49.5mm

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
896 Posts
While on the topic of offsets, I was trying to find some light weight, good looking 7.5jx18 aftermarket wheels, that +49.5mm offset is impossible to find. Is there any potential problem if I use wheels that are not the exact OEM offset, let's say +45mm instead of +49.5mm
You can use a site like this to visualize the offset: Wheel Offset Calculator
a few mm here or there is normally OK. You can run spacers but I don’t recommend it. Now the spacers might be good as a test with the factory wheels to check for interference. You don’t want the tires to rub even at max steering angle and full suspension compression. Also the wheels need to clear the brakes and suspension pieces. If the offset is too much (either way) you‘ll screw up the steering and handling even if you have the physical clearance.

Now with all the disclaimers out of the way - I do run aftermarket wheels with different offsets on my Corvette with no issues. I believe mine are 4 to 6 mm pushed out, gives a more flush fitment.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can use a site like this to visualize the offset: Wheel Offset Calculator
a few mm here or there is normally OK. You can run spacers but I don’t recommend it. Now the spacers might be good as a test with the factory wheels to check for interference. You don’t want the tires to rub even at max steering angle and full suspension compression. Also the wheels need to clear the brakes and suspension pieces. If the offset is too much (either way) you‘ll screw up the steering and handling even if you have the physical clearance.

Now with all the disclaimers out of the way - I do run aftermarket wheels with different offsets on my Corvette with no issues. I believe mine are 4 to 6 mm pushed out, gives a more flush fitment.
that's a great visualizer, thanks, I think 4.5mm difference is gonna be fine, since I'm not gonna use bigger tires. tires will stick out 0.16"

·
Registered
112 Posts
that's a great visualizer, thanks, I think 4.5mm difference is gonna be fine, since I'm not gonna use bigger tires. tires will stick out 0.16"
Tire Rack is very good at offering aftermarket wheels they have confirmed fit. I've been using the 2021 Tucson as a 'baseline' for possibly available wheels. Neither the 2022 Tucson or the Santa Cruz is listed yet.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tire Rack is very good at offering aftermarket wheels they have confirmed fit. I've been using the 2021 Tucson as a 'baseline' for possibly available wheels. Neither the 2022 Tucson or the Santa Cruz is listed yet.
Yeah, I noticed that they offer free hub rings and lug nuts, saving time. Just gotta wait till the SC gets added

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
Trying to find some aftermarket rims for my winter tires. Eyeballing these: Art Replica Wheels R18318002 | FREE SHIPPING CANADA |Art Replica Wheels Replica 183 Gloss Black - PartsEngine Canada but I think that 73.1mm bore is wrong. I think I remember someone posting about 67.1mm? I'm thinking that extra 6mm would cause some problems. The 40mm offset would be fine, pushing the wheels outward about a third of an inch.

It would be much easier if any of the wheel sites had the SC on their lists yet. :)

EDIT: Never mind - found a listing for a 67.1mm bore! Art Replica Wheels R18318005 | FREE SHIPPING CANADA |Art Replica Wheels Replica 183 Gloss Black - PartsEngine Canada ... currently my front runners, but still searching.

Reactions: JJD
1 - 8 of 8 Posts