Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
Y'know, I really like that 8" infotainment system with buttons and knobs a lot more than the full capacitive setup. Imagine a world where we could just outfit our new vehicles exactly the way we wanted each option!! I'd wait an extra 8 weeks for that ...

·
Registered
2018 GMC Canyon Extended Cab All Terrain
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are starting to show up in my area (Tampa Bay, FL)
View attachment 1075
I was going to run up and look at this one tonight, but it still hasn't arrived at the dealer. They don't have a firm date for when it will arrive. Sales person advised I check back every other day telling me they have had many inquires for the Santa Cruz.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Seeing how good the last SEL premium actually looks, gives me hope that it's still on my list versus the Maverick. I don't think I can justify the extra money going towards a Limited, especially since a lot of that extra stuff pretty much gets absorbed into depreciation.

If I can find a color I like, and a dealer that doesn't suck, and the drive is great I might be swayed. I really do wish the inverters on the Santa Cruz were 400 watt like the Mav, though. Would be nice to have enough juice to run small appliances when camping.

·
Registered
724 Posts
WHAT COLOR IS IT? At first it looks blue and then starts to change. Lol
Funny you should mention that. I noticed the chameleon aspect in the pearl/metallic paint change with the lighting too. I'm sure this is Blue Stone, but at one point it appeared to mysteriously change to Sage Gray.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Definitely stone blue. The video is under the fluorescent lights inside, vs sunshine outside. Their camera work wasn't adjusted for the color temperature differences between locations. Fluorescent lights are notorious for casting green hues (which is why photographers generally hate them), daylight is blue. I'd like to see what it's like outside during the golden hour.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Seeing how good the last SEL premium actually looks, gives me hope that it's still on my list versus the Maverick. I don't think I can justify the extra money going towards a Limited, especially since a lot of that extra stuff pretty much gets absorbed into depreciation.

If I can find a color I like, and a dealer that doesn't suck, and the drive is great I might be swayed. I really do wish the inverters on the Santa Cruz were 400 watt like the Mav, though. Would be nice to have enough juice to run small appliances when camping.
Right there with you brother... stepped down to the SEL Premium as well... I think the Limited is really nice... but I think I can do without the rain sensing wipers. ;) AND I love the seats in the video... pleated... or ribbed... not expected. Hope they are comfortable. Sat in a 2022 Tucson and they were pretty nice, not sure they are the exact same.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Right there with you brother... stepped down to the SEL Premium as well... I think the Limited is really nice... but I think I can do without the rain sensing wipers. ;) AND I love the seats in the video... pleated... or ribbed... not expected. Hope they are comfortable. Sat in a 2022 Tucson and they were pretty nice, not sure they are the exact same.
I personally was pretty disappointed with the 22 SE Tuscon I sat in. Was expecting more. I hope the SEL premium SC feels better inside.

I really like Ford's 'a la carte' approach with features, and only keeping functional features core. The tonneau should have not been a separate option, especially after all the advertisment and press saying it was 'standard' or 'included'. It isn't unless you fork over 30k-40k.

·
Registered
896 Posts
The tonneau should have not been a separate option, especially after all the advertisment and press saying it was 'standard' or 'included'. It isn't unless you fork over 30k-40k.
Agree. I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed because from the start all the press photos and videos were of a loaded up Limited. The dark chrome grill, painted door handles, tonneau cover, sunroof, digital gauges... all stuff the lower models don't get. Even the featured Sage paint is an extra $400. This was done on purpose and almost all OEM do the same thing, but it still feels like you got hoodwinked.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Agree. I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed because from the start all the press photos and videos were of a loaded up Limited. The dark chrome grill, painted door handles, tonneau cover, sunroof, digital gauges... all stuff the lower models don't get. Even the featured Sage paint is an extra $400. This was done on purpose and almost all OEM do the same thing, but it still feels like you got hoodwinked.
Well to be honest, other 'trucks' try to keep as many of the functional features on as they can. Midsize trucks even base come with most of the functional things they advertise, just none of the frills. Mav does the same. Even XL offers some of the basic bed features minus some fancy tie downs, and it starts much cheaper. Sure the interior isn't posh, but honestly that is something I am starting to not like about the SC, the interior may be a little bit too posh for a vehicle you want to take on adventures. At least in the top trim, and some of the other features that make adventuring better are exclusive to the upper trims, lol. Feels like a strange cop-out.

I am still trying track down an SEL Premium or Limited to test drive anywhere near me before when my Mav order should be arriving. I'd like to have at least driven the SC to see if its a close call, if I love it, or if its out, so I can have a decision before the Mav comes in. I am very happy that my dealer is pretty lax on the Mav pre-orders since they should sell whether to me or not. Otherwise the whole "buy before you drive" would not be jiving with me.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I personally was pretty disappointed with the 22 SE Tuscon I sat in. Was expecting more. I hope the SEL premium SC feels better inside.
Really? The 2022 Tucson's I looked at and test drove gave me a real premium look and feel. One SEL even had a super nice two-tone black/gray combo interior.

I really like Ford's 'a la carte' approach with features, and only keeping functional features core. The tonneau should have not been a separate option, especially after all the advertisment and press saying it was 'standard' or 'included'. It isn't unless you fork over 30k-40k.
I too like the Ford a la carte approach, but I think the tonneau cover should be a separate add-on item and/or Activity Package included item. The SEL Premium and Limited should be able to be purchased without it IMHO.

You are certainly right about the lack of due diligence in the video reviews so far. Very few get the information 100% correct. Most claim everything you see on the Limited trim is standard, without telling you the Limited trim is the top of the line trim package.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Really? The 2022 Tucson's I looked at and test drove gave me a real premium look and feel. One SEL even had a super nice two-tone black/gray combo interior.

I too like the Ford a la carte approach, but I think the tonneau cover should be a separate add-on item and/or Activity Package included item. The SEL Premium and Limited should be able to be purchased without it IMHO.

You are certainly right about the lack of due diligence in the video reviews so far. Very few get the information 100% correct. Most claim everything you see on the Limited trim is standard, without telling you the Limited trim is the top of the line trim package.
I was sitting in a base model, so there was no LCD Dash, no surround air channel venting, seat was meh. Did look better than my Cruze, but I think the fact I was thinking of the Limited getting in it set my expectations too high.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I thought this was good. Someone actually reviewed a base model 2022 Tucson SE.
Sales guy did a great job! You can feel his enthusiasm.

·
Registered
861 Posts
The tonneau should have not been a separate option, especially after all the advertisment and press saying it was 'standard' or 'included'.
It IS standard equipment across the lineup in Canada. Of course, our 'base' model starts at $38k. LOL

It's really irritating me that all of these real world pics are coming out of Ontario ... when the Canadian website STILL doesn't have pricing and the dealerships still haven't heard boo about any of the reservations that were paid for. Crazy.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I wonder when the review embargo lifts.

Interesting... that motoringtv pic shows a bug deflector - didn't see that on any accessory list :unsure:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts