Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
486 Posts
Whatever Hyundai puts in it.

Oil changes are "free", so why sweat it? If something happens to the engine because of the kind of oil used, it's on them. And there's always that 10 year 100,000 mile warranty to take care of it.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE NA-FWD
917 Posts

Oil changes are "free", so why sweat it? If something happens to the engine because of the kind of oil used, it's on them. And there's always that 10 year 100,000 mile warranty to take care of it.
Yea....every 7,000 miles I'm a sever driver (stop n Go, city) So I want to change every 3500 So I'll change it in between the Dealers 7000 change.. Probably use synthetic.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts

Ah, not so fast there, Grasshopper. Ya know those "Driving Scores that folks have been chatting about? Could they use that data to cancel your warranty...? If you think: "Well, that is just too ridiculous to ever happen," then turn on any news broadcast these days. Just sayin', is all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Up here in Canada they don’t include free oil changes

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
486 Posts
Ah, not so fast there, Grasshopper. Ya know those "Driving Scores that folks have been chatting about? Could they use that data to cancel your warranty...? If you think: "Well, that is just too ridiculous to ever happen," then turn on any news broadcast these days. Just sayin', is all.
No driving score for me, Old Blind Guy. Data Sharing is turned OFF in my app.

Even so, I'd like to see Hyundai in court if they tried to deny warranty coverage for driving within the truck's limitations and abilities. That is, you can't penalize an owner for doing what the truck is designed to do, regardless of some arbitrary "driving score" in an app. And if they set the parameters for oil changes and some kind of oil change-related failure occurs, it's ruh-roh, Hyundai ... you set the schedule and provided the oil, and if that smoked the engine, it's your bad!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.