Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peter DeLorenzo's annual brand rankings. The man spent 50 years in automotive advertising, when he speaks about branding, I listen...

Hyundai: Hyundai’s ambition knows no bounds, there’s no doubt about that. I used to think that Hyundai’s ascension to the next level was just a matter of time, but I no longer think that it will be automatic. It will take more than desire, much more, for Hyundai to get there. And I’m not sure they understand that even now, because the egomaniacal leadership at Hyundai is still writing checks that their product development troops can’t cash. Brand Image Meter? Lost in the desert and stumbling.
THE AUTOEXTREMIST BRAND IMAGE METER IV, OR, ?HOW CAN WE GET THERE IF WE DON?T KNOW WHERE WE?RE*GOING?? - Rants - Autoextremist.com ~ the bare-knuckled, unvarnished, high octane truth...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I partly agree, but I don't think they are quite so lost. They are in a bit of an area where they are able to choose which direction they'd like to go. More of a neutral position instead of being lost.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Seeing Hyundai grow has been an interesting one, seeing how they will go further and how that might change their current line up is something to look out for, hard to say what will happen, just have to keep a watchful eye.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I think they should expand on the Genesis brand. They could make a real play at sub-luxury like Buick. maybe they could even compete with Lincoln. That would be a great development for Hyundai.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I think they should expand on the Genesis brand. They could make a real play at sub-luxury like Buick. maybe they could even compete with Lincoln. That would be a great development for Hyundai.
Actually, I think they should take a slower approach and introduce a new high end trim for the Genesis, sort of like what Infiniti did to the Q70.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Actually, I think they should take a slower approach and introduce a new high end trim for the Genesis, sort of like what Infiniti did to the Q70.
feel like that ends up being a one-off with low volume. I think that they have the potential to do something more than that.

·
Registered
728 Posts
feel like that ends up being a one-off with low volume. I think that they have the potential to do something more than that.
It will indeed be low volume but it's an easy play, something that can build up to something much more. It takes a lot to step to new levels

·
Registered
385 Posts
I would be interested to see it. Would be interested to see what Hyundai decides to do when they have a much larger budget to work with.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I would be interested to see it. Would be interested to see what Hyundai decides to do when they have a much larger budget to work with.
The new Tuscon should really give them a big push and quite possibly be their best seller.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The new Tuscon should really give them a big push and quite possibly be their best seller.
Quite possibly. Many brands have CUVs or SUVs as their biggest sellers at this point, so its very possible. I'm sure the biggest seller right now is the Sonata or Elantra. Sedans are on the way out though.

·
Registered
728 Posts
It's just that from what i've been seeing of the new Tuscon so far it looks like a strong competitior, stronger than the last one and looking at its competiton... things should play well for them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts