Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Hyundai dealer in Ontario Canada wants $2,000 deposit to order a Santa Cruz with a 6-7 month delivery. He says the deposit is a Hyundai Canada requirement. Is this true? Thanks

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,313 Posts
Not unless things have changed drastically since the pre-orders. That was a $500 deposit, done right through the Hyundai Canada website. Have you tried the build and configure options on the site? I haven't, since I already have mine, but I'd start there. If it lets you build, choose a dealership for delivery, and takes any deposits still ... pretty foolproof system.

Hmm. Definitely a different system now - but they do have the Hyundai click to buy thing. Looks like you can do the order online, choose the dealer, etc. No mention of deposits or anything. So I'd say that dealer is talking out their butt and just wants your money. If you have another nearby option, may be a good idea to choose someone else!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
My Hyundai dealer in Ontario Canada wants $2,000 deposit to order a Santa Cruz with a 6-7 month delivery. He says the deposit is a Hyundai Canada requirement. Is this true? Thanks
I put deposit down Sept 11 - $500

I received notice from Hyundai Canada via email that my SC is scheduled for production in November and apparently, I’m #91 in priority (not sure what that means)
I spoke with my sales agent and he confirmed that I should get my SC around end of November or early December.
I’ve had dealers take as little as $100 deposit and never over $500.
I very much doubt Hyundai Canada would be the ones asking for $2K

·
Registered
17 Posts
There are some really questionable dealerships around everywhere...there are a few in Edmonton that would try the same BS + add a markup for a bunch of garbage you don't want or need or even just because....I say move on and find another reputable dealership and work with them

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I say move on and find another reputable dealership and work with them
That DOES depend where you are though. For me, my nearest dealer is 150km away. Past that, I'm looking at over 350km in either direction. That gives me ONE option to the east, and what does Winnipeg have, like, 3? But then there's the whole hassle of sales tax between provinces, blah, blah, blah. If you're in the GTA, yeah, probably reasonably easy to find alternate dealers. If you're in North Bay, or Nipigon or Ontario's smallest city, Dryden ... very few options that don't involve up to 4 hour drives each way. Makes a long day for service work - or a tow if something really breaks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe the pre order system has ended and you either build one online and chose a dealer via your postal code or go to your dealership of choice. As for deposits that could be different from dealer to dealer. I pre ordered and choose my closest dealership. When speaking with them they mentioned that they get charged a $2000 fee If someone backs out of the deal. I know this because I changed my trim level after pre order and they said that they may get charged this. Sounds like they are covering the bases. I did ask recently what the wait time was if someone just came in and ordered one. 5 months was there response.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I believe the pre order system has ended and you either build one online and chose a dealer via your postal code or go to your dealership of choice. As for deposits that could be different from dealer to dealer. I pre ordered and choose my closest dealership. When speaking with them they mentioned that they get charged a $2000 fee If someone backs out of the deal. I know this because I changed my trim level after pre order and they said that they may get charged this. Sounds like they are covering the bases. I did ask recently what the wait time was if someone just came in and ordered one. 5 months was there response.
The dealers have the right to charge for any cost incurred once the contract is signed and likely trying to cover the destination fee charged from corporate.
On the flip side, once the dealer takes delivery of the cancelled order, they’re going to charge the next purchaser the destination fee anyway…. Double dipping.

Theyre well with in their rights to keep the deposit, once the deposit is signed. $500 seems to be a fair amount for a deposit.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
That DOES depend where you are though. For me, my nearest dealer is 150km away. Past that, I'm looking at over 350km in either direction. That gives me ONE option to the east, and what does Winnipeg have, like, 3? But then there's the whole hassle of sales tax between provinces, blah, blah, blah. If you're in the GTA, yeah, probably reasonably easy to find alternate dealers. If you're in North Bay, or Nipigon or Ontario's smallest city, Dryden ... very few options that don't involve up to 4 hour drives each way. Makes a long day for service work - or a tow if something really breaks.
Lol… true… I think I have over a dozen with in 50km and 3 with in 15min driving distance from my house…

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
1,116 Posts
September 3rd, Dealer told me I was #8, Latest I heard (Most of October) I'm #7 in the Priority Sequence (From dealer, then Director, National sales of Hyundai Canada, and an email from Hyundai Auto Canada Corp)- With 'Vehicles is expected to be built in October' - basically 4 days left in this October - so its coming soon? - or theres another October passing by in a year or so's time, though it did say October 2021, I paid a $500 CAD in July.

·
Registered
12 Posts
September 3rd, Dealer told me I was #8, Latest I heard (Most of October) I'm #7 in the Priority Sequence (From dealer, then Director, National sales of Hyundai Canada, and an email from Hyundai Auto Canada Corp)- With 'Vehicles is expected to be built in October' - basically 4 days left in this October - so its coming soon? - or theres another October passing by in a year or so's time, though it did say October 2021, I paid a $500 CAD in July.
Where in Canada are you? I also pre ordered in July and just got my SC last weekend.
I’m pretty sure yours will be here very soon then.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I ordered September - as noted earlier, Hyundai advised mines expected to be build in. November and priority 91… I also expect couple weeks to transport etc…
Its crazy times, I ordered at work a Ford F150 to replace one of our fleet vehicles, 3 months ago, we‘re now expecting it in March/April 2022
Northumberland, On
I was in Port Hope, couple weekends ago.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
1,116 Posts
PH was where I test drove one, and where I expect to be picking one up, and where I picked up two Santa Fe's and a Kona, from the same salesman, in the last 7 years - and I still couldn't get bumped up the list.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
This makes me glad I put my money down in June ... even if it took two months from the build date to delivery. (June 23 deposit, July 16 build, September 14 delivery to dealer, picked up on 17th)

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
1,116 Posts
I ordered September - as noted earlier, Hyundai advised mines expected to be build in. November and priority 91… I also expect couple weeks to transport etc…
Its crazy times, I ordered at work a Ford F150 to replace one of our fleet vehicles, 3 months ago, we‘re now expecting it in March/April 2022

I was in Port Hope, couple weekends ago.
Our Company ordered two Transit 250's and pulled the trigger in Feb, we picked them up last week- almost 8 months.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
1,116 Posts
This makes me glad I put my money down in June ... even if it took two months from the build date to delivery. (June 23 deposit, July 16 build, September 14 delivery to dealer, picked up on 17th)
Whilst I hadn't registered on the forum till recently, I recall reading the posts about your pending and actual delivery, and my dealership was posting that a customer had picked up a cream/desert sand Ultimate - and knowing i was #7, was drooling that i must be days away - here 44 days later I still wait in a pool of drool

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I’ve been wanting SC, ever since I saw the pictures of the prototype, some 7 or 8 years ago. Searching for updates and spy photos all the time.
I was rather disappointed, when I saw the pictures of the production models.

One Saturday afternoon, this past September, my daughter points out “that looks cool” 😎… I look over and see a white SC in the dealer lot. Immediately, pull in to have a look. it looked great in person. A week later, after researching the value of my potential trade in, I put my deposit down for the factory order…

note: my daughter hates trucks, she‘ll be driving it most of the time, to school, part-time job, volunteering etc…

I wish I put my order in early, but just wasn’t sure about the looks from the images.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Our Company ordered two Transit 250's and pulled the trigger in Feb, we picked them up last week- almost 8 months.
yup, it’s crazy… I’m so use to going into the dealer, if they don’t have the specifications I want, they search and trade. I even remember they did a three way trade. Couple weeks and ready for pickup 🤪

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
1,116 Posts
I’ve been wanting SC, ever since I saw the pictures of the prototype, some 7 or 8 years ago. Searching for updates and spy photos all the time.
I was rather disappointed, when I saw the pictures of the production models.

One Saturday afternoon, this past September, my daughter points out “that looks cool” 😎… I look over and see a white SC in the dealer lot. Immediately, pull in to have a look. it looked great in person. A week later, after researching the value of my potential trade in, I put my deposit down for the factory order…

note: my daughter hates trucks, she‘ll be driving it most of the time, to school, part-time job, volunteering etc…

I wish I put my order in early, but just wasn’t sure about the looks from the images.
I had the prototype as my work screensaver two or three years ago, used to get heckled by my 'real truck' colleagues - though since I had the production truck pictures as the screensaver - they've started showing more enthusiasm, but i'll never haul as much air and emptiness as their real trucks.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts