Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got a call from my dealer here in BC and am I told mine should be here Nov 15 which is awesome can’t wait. I was number 64 on the priority list. Haven’t seen one on the road out here yet .

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,282 Posts
Yeah, I loved the concept too, but I think I like the production version more! I took my daughter with me when I test drove the demo, waiting for mine to arrive a couple weeks later ... she's a big fan. She told the dealer, "I'm not a car person, but I am for this!"

Reactions: PK 62

·
Registered
2022 Ultimate, Sage Grey, Dark Green two-tone leather
139 Posts
I had 2 different dealers request a different deposit back in August, one $500 and another $1000 so I went with the 500

·
Registered
7 Posts
I paid a $1000 deposit for mine at a dealer in the Quinte area and am expected to pay another $1000 once the VIN is registered. Got told March delivery or Dec/January which is not helpful with my trade in needing to be driven, etc.

there aren’t really rules around deposits unfortunately.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I paid a $1000 deposit for mine at a dealer in the Quinte area and am expected to pay another $1000 once the VIN is registered. Got told March delivery or Dec/January which is not helpful with my trade in needing to be driven, etc.

there aren’t really rules around deposits unfortunately.
Beautiful area of the province. Welcome.
I put $500 down to order and only got the VIN a few days before I picked up my SC. I doubt Dec/Jan would be realistic, but you never know, March sounds more appropriate, if you just placed your order.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
394 Posts
The Belleville dealer is closer to home for me, (Murray Canal/Carrying Place) but I found them a tad snooty when I first contemplated a Hyundai in 2014, No one likes being hounded when you walk into a dealership, but being ignored is not endearing either, it was all i could do to get a brochure and price chart, so I ordered mine from Lauria, Port Hope, I now have had three previous new Hyundais from them, plus they are 4 clicks away from work, where i spend most of their open for business hours, I get some servicing there, the routine stuff is done in the shop where I work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My Hyundai dealer in Ontario Canada wants $2,000 deposit to order a Santa Cruz with a 6-7 month delivery. He says the deposit is a Hyundai Canada requirement. Is this true? Thanks
We just placed an order for an Ultimate last week and also placed a 2k deposit. (We live in Calgary)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Yeah, I think that changed when they switched from pre-orders to available. I had the $500 down too, back in June.
I think it’s up to the dealer and purchaser. My deposit was $500. I suppose it’s a moot point, once you take delivery. Higher deposit makes it harder to walk away from a purchase agreement (contract) as I signed on the dotted line, with out a VIN#. However, there was a time limit in the contract and buyer option to walk away with a full refund.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got the Badfinger Call from the Dealer - 'If you want it, here it is, come and get it......."
How long between placing your order and the call has it been?
Hopefully, they're a little less....abrupt about things once you get there.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
394 Posts
How long between placing your order and the call has it been?
Hopefully, they're a little less....abrupt about things once you get there.
Its been encapsulated in many threads in this forum - and if you recently place your order you will wince at my reply : ordered Friday July 30 - paid deposit - got the its ready call December 1- therefore: all of August, September October and November (4 whole turns of the moon), plus two days just because - Have you ever watched paint dry?
They weren't abrupt, it was my poor attempted reference to a hit song from the early 70's, "Come and Get it" by the band Badfinger, ask your grandfathers dad about it, they played it at Adam & Eves wedding.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,282 Posts
They weren't abrupt, it was my poor attempted reference to a hit song from the early 70's, "Come and Get it" by the band Badfinger, ask your grandfathers dad about it, they played it at Adam & Eves wedding.
Hey now, that's uncalled for. I'm only 40 ... something ... 4? Yeah, 44 ... and I got the reference right away! :p (Never mind that I can't remember my own age without doing the math...)

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
394 Posts
Went with Tuesday, as Monday is 3rd dose vax day, maybe not good to drive that day

·
Registered
807 Posts
Went with Tuesday, as Monday is 3rd dose vax day, maybe not good to drive that day
So how are you going to survive? I ended up visiting the dealer on Saturday and Sunday, before my pick up on a Monday. Spent the time buying rims and winters…

21 - 40 of 75 Posts