Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the VIN for the Blue Limited headed to my dealer showed up on scinventory today. This morning the sales rep couldn't tell me anything but that it's a Limited. I hate dealing with her except in person, it's like she has to email through a difficulty-increasing filter that blocks 90% of useful communication. Anyway, now I can see that it includes floor mats, bed extender, and wheel locks.

I'm thinking about locking it down. I initially fell in love with the blue stone. I don't really like the all black interior, but the only Limited options with the gray interior are white and sage gray (black looks good but is an emphatic **** no). So my desire is for a white with the gray interior. But given the difficulty in getting the exact spec out of Hyundai, I'm thinking about taking the blue stone. It is the color I originally "reserved".

So my question is this: I think the bed extender is something that will wind up taking up space in my garage, since it blocks the brunk. I'd rather have the hitch, though it's pricy from what I've seen. Do dealers wheel and deal on accessories that the factory put on? I'm wondering if they would be willing to take the bed extender and credit me towards the hitch and harness kit. Is it worth even trying or do they typically have to go out the door with whatever came on them?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Everything that is listed on the window sticker has to be sold with the vehicle. They always add more accessories(and charge for them), but they can't remove anything that is factory installed and part of the MSRP.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
^ what he said. Might be able to sell the bed extender to someone.

Reactions: 12V

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This must have been held up in approval territory for a while.

There was nothing I could do, correct. The bed extender blocks the brunk worse than I understood, so it's a garage ornament for now.

I can see the use in it for the times when I would need it, so I may not part with it yet, but it's a shame that it can't stow without blocking up the other storage.

Thanks for the confirmation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered mine and ordered the bed fence(extender), but I plan on tossing my bike in there all the time with it flipped out and the tailgate down. The other thing someone told me is that it works well to put stuff in there to keep it from sliding all over the bed. He said the one on his F-150 held his cooler in place perfectly. I'm sure I'll be removing it from time to time as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So the VIN for the Blue Limited headed to my dealer showed up on scinventory today. This morning the sales rep couldn't tell me anything but that it's a Limited. I hate dealing with her except in person, it's like she has to email through a difficulty-increasing filter that blocks 90% of useful communication. Anyway, now I can see that it includes floor mats, bed extender, and wheel locks.

I'm thinking about locking it down. I initially fell in love with the blue stone. I don't really like the all black interior, but the only Limited options with the gray interior are white and sage gray (black looks good but is an emphatic **** no). So my desire is for a white with the gray interior. But given the difficulty in getting the exact spec out of Hyundai, I'm thinking about taking the blue stone. It is the color I originally "reserved".

So my question is this: I think the bed extender is something that will wind up taking up space in my garage, since it blocks the brunk. I'd rather have the hitch, though it's pricy from what I've seen. Do dealers wheel and deal on accessories that the factory put on? I'm wondering if they would be willing to take the bed extender and credit me towards the hitch and harness kit. Is it worth even trying or do they typically have to go out the door with whatever came on them?
My dealer said that if it is on the vehicle from the factory, then it goes with the vehicle. I, too, wanted a tow package and not the bed extender. Guess I'll keep the bed extender and add an after market tow hitch to mine when it arrives in two weeks.

·
Registered
91 Posts

Mine was supposed to come with the bed extender option and the dealer said he could not remove or change options from the factory. Fortunately when the vehicle arrived the bed extender was not with the vehicle (guess Hyundai had not been producing enough at that time), so no extra expense for something I did not want.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My dealer said that if it is on the vehicle from the factory, then it goes with the vehicle. I, too, wanted a tow package and not the bed extender. Guess I'll keep the bed extender and add an after market tow hitch to mine when it arrives in two weeks.
Curt Mfg is already selling the hitch and wiring kit (Cheaper than factory).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts