Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out about this vehicle a few days ago and once I'm ready to jump into car payments again (and prices finally drop/incentives are offered, hopefully by next year) I plan on buying one. Currently I noticed it is difficult to find a lot of information about the different models offered. I was very confused when I went to test drive the Santa Cruz (they had the SEL model only) and it didn't have a lot of the stuff show in videos I had seen (which I'm now assuming the vbloggers were all given the highest end model only to review). It just made me think a lot of stuff was standard the way they spoke about it.

I've always gone with the lowest end model but think I may try to splurge for the SEL this time. There was a few options such as the tonneau cover and power supply that I want but the only way I see to get it is part of the Activity package which includes a sun roof. Is there anyway to get a partial Activity package as I don't want a sun roof but I'd like most of the other options listed there?

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
I wish there was a way to limit what options are packaged, but, sadly, there is not.

And yes, the journalists ONLY saw the top Limited (Ultimate in Canada) trims. Choices are much easier in Canada, we start with the 2.5T/AWD/DCT as the base model. Three trims, starting at just over $38k (CAD). No FWD options here at all. No base 2.5L engine. No torque converted automatic. Makes it a lot less confusing. Differences end up being the gauges/center stack and the rims, mostly. (Okay, and the safety features.)

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
you can buy an SE, and I'm sure at some point Hyundai will allow you to order the tonneau cover separately but I can certainly say it won't be cheap, but maybe cheaper than going from SE to SEL

·
Registered
396 Posts
I just found out about this vehicle a few days ago and once I'm ready to jump into car payments again (and prices finally drop/incentives are offered, hopefully by next year) I plan on buying one. Currently I noticed it is difficult to find a lot of information about the different models offered. I was very confused when I went to test drive the Santa Cruz (they had the SEL model only) and it didn't have a lot of the stuff show in videos I had seen (which I'm now assuming the vbloggers were all given the highest end model only to review). It just made me think a lot of stuff was standard the way they spoke about it.

I've always gone with the lowest end model but think I may try to splurge for the SEL this time. There was a few options such as the tonneau cover and power supply that I want but the only way I see to get it is part of the Activity package which includes a sun roof. Is there anyway to get a partial Activity package as I don't want a sun roof but I'd like most of the other options listed there?
Welcome. There are 4 models, You can order an SE with AWD and non-turbo engine. Most of the SE are FWD. You can go turbo and AWD (SEL Premium). $1600 for AWD to add.

I'm sure they'll sell the cover later... or I hope so ppl can upgrade SEs.

I started @ limited, but MSRP was over $41K. When I spoke to the dealer, I stepped down to a AWD SEL Premium, which dropped the MSRP to $37K. The dealer then put my name on the matching model coming in Stone Blue. Now just waiting for 9/1!! :) Not sure how fast orders are coming in... but a few ppl have their SC but were not in the reservation program. Seems Eastern dealers got SCs first... but they are trickling into the West. Best to call your dealer and get info on inbound models. Check that they are not adding anything to MSRP... some dealers are trying to add a "market adjustment".. that has happened and some ppl opted out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome. There are 4 models, You can order an SE with AWD and non-turbo engine. Most of the SE are FWD. You can go turbo and AWD (SEL Premium). $1600 for AWD to add. I'm sure they'll see the cover later... or I hope so ppl can upgrade SEs. I started @ limited, but MSRP was over $41K. When I spoke to the dealer, I stepped down to a AWD SEL Premium, which dropped the MSRP to $37K. The dealer then put my name on the match model coming in Stone Blue. Now just waiting for 9/1!! :) Not sure how fast order are coming in... but a few ppl have their SC but were not in the reservation program. Seems Eastern dealers got SCs first... but they are trickling into the West. Best to call your dealer and get info on inbound models. Check that they are not adding anything to MSRP... some dealers are trying to add a "market adjustment".. that has happened and some ppl opted out.
I test drove one at Headquarter Hyundai here in Sanford, Florida and they jumped price from 28k to 35k for the SEL, such a rip.

·
Registered
896 Posts
This website has a really good break down of what you get with each trim: en_US and yes Hyundai has been confusing people by constantly showcasing the Limited which is the top of the line, fully loaded model with all the goodies.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Three trims, starting at just over $38k (CAD).
Which is $30K US for a turbo, basically what I would order, $7K cheaper than you can get a turbo in the US... where the vehicle is actually made!

I looked into just importing and having it shipped here, but apparently its a huge pain in the butt.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
Yeah, there's a bunch of pain bringing vehicles across the border in either direction. Nice thing with digital dashboards today though ... no worries about the wrong units on the analogue gauges anymore!! I guess that $7k extra pays for the 10/100k warranty that we don't get. We only get 5/60 (basically) here. Going to cost me a few K extra to get the extended warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts